No announcement yet.

Puncher vs Slugger vs Brawler / Swarmer vs Infighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puncher vs Slugger vs Brawler / Swarmer vs Infighter

What do you consider to be the differences between a puncher, slugger, and brawler? How about swarmer vs infighter?

bumpzzzzzzzz

Comment

i always wondered the same thing... i think a slugger might be someone like arthur abraham, or maybe even shane mosley to an extent - guys that load up on there punches.. they don't throw that many punches, but the punches they do throw, are loaded up on... a brawler is someone like mayorga - limited skills and heavily relies on chin and stamina, librado andrade another example... margarito is a brawler to an extent, but he is more infighter... infighter is also angulo, glen johnson... infighter is similar to swarmer...

Comment

then when i think of puncher, i think maidana... edwin valero.. they just have a natural hard punch... they box for the most part, but abandon the jab in favor of more power punches....

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
          i always wondered the same thing... i think a slugger might be someone like arthur abraham, or maybe even shane mosley to an extent - guys that load up on there punches.. they don't throw that many punches, but the punches they do throw, are loaded up on... a brawler is someone like mayorga - limited skills and heavily relies on chin and stamina, librado andrade another example... margarito is a brawler to an extent, but he is more infighter... infighter is also angulo, glen johnson... infighter is similar to swarmer...
          Originally posted by uglypug View Post
          then when i think of puncher, i think maidana... edwin valero.. they just have a natural hard punch... they box for the most part, but abandon the jab in favor of more power punches....
          interesting

Comment

here's how it works kid

slugger beats swarmer

swarmer beats boxer

boxer beats slugger

this is because slugger WANTS someone to come to them so they can use their power right into them and knock them the **** out. so when a swarmer comes to the inside to a slugger, he gives the slugger exactly what he wants and the slugger KTFO him.

a boxer beats a slugger because the last thing a slugger wants is someone to fight on the outside and potshot them and beat them up cus slugger can't handle people that fight smart and stay on the outside. this is what the boxer does best and owns the slugger.

the swarmer rapes the boxer though because as I just said the boxer likes to fight on the outside and swarmer will come in and make life uncomfortable for them and beat them hwere they're uncomfortable.

good example of this from recent times is:

Cotto the boxer got annihilated by Margarito the Swarmer. Cotto wanted to fight from the outside and couldn't handle Margarito constantly pressuring him with his swarming and finally broke him down.

However Margarito the Swarmer was annihilated by Shane the slugger because the swarmer did exactly what the slugger wants them to do, came to him and got rocked in the jaw.

Cotto the Boxer though beat up Shane the slugger because Shane wanted him to come to him and make it a slug fest and Cotto fought smart and on the outside and beat him. Perfect triangle right there to illustrate how this works.

Comment

Working...
            X