Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What threshold of fitness should you have before you step in the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What threshold of fitness should you have before you step in the ring?

I've been doing the normal training routine at my boxing gym for about 2 months now and I was pretty athletic going in, at least more than the average person. I can talk to my coach about sparring anytime but I want to know what level of fitness I should have before I even try. Thoughts?

Can u explain a little more , im not really sure what you're quite trying to ask.

Comment

You should be able to sprint 50 yards back and forth for 3 minutes straight and a very high pace. 30 seconds rest, then start again. Do this 4 times or more.

If you ever have one thought about quitting then you aren't ready yet.

Comment

The only way to become ready is to do it. The first time is going to suck and so will the next few. You get ready to spar by sparring.

You'll gas out at first no matter what kind of shape you're in, it's more of a pacing thing than a fitness thing.

Comment

Originally posted by KeepOnPushing View Post
          Can u explain a little more , im not really sure what you're quite trying to ask.
          too put it simply, when is one ready to spar?
          Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
          You should be able to sprint 50 yards back and forth for 3 minutes straight and a very high pace. 30 seconds rest, then start again. Do this 4 times or more.

If you ever have one thought about quitting then you aren't ready yet.
          Ive done sprint training, not exactly like that but I think I can handle that. Thanks for the input. Im in Vacaville btw

Originally posted by StrongLikeBear View Post
          The only way to become ready is to do it. The first time is going to suck and so will the next few. You get ready to spar by sparring.

You'll gas out at first no matter what kind of shape you're in, it's more of a pacing thing than a fitness thing.
          okay, thanks for contributing

Comment

Go to youtube, search "charlie zelenoff". That should tell you everything you need to know.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Go to youtube, search "charlie zelenoff". That should tell you everything you need to know.
              Hey pal

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                lol what the hell

Comment

You will gas out after 1 or 2 rounds of hard sparring no matter how in shape you are if it's your first time. It's different hitting the pads, bags, running than really doing it and you have a guy infront of you hitting you back.

I almost collapsed after two rounds during my 1st sparring and the next ones weren't that much different until you really get used to it and you can relax more.

Comment

It's all about being relaxed. Just being tight and avoiding punches will gas you but when you learn to calm down and roll your shoulders instead of jumping around it will be much easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X