Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kirkland vs Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a Canelo fan, I would be very worried if he fought Lara (not the best style matchup and Lara is pretty good though I don't like him much), but I'm fairly confident he would beat Kirkland without much issue. Kirkland has great power and decent handspeed, but that's it. Crude punching, no defense, weak chin. Target practice for a skilled, heavy handed counterpuncher like Canelo.

Comment

Canelo has to start throwing bombs early as he did against Angulo and attempt an early TKO. Kirkland is a train though his chin or punch resistance remains quite weak or questionable. If Canelo gasses out he will get swarmed on the ropes and bullied.
      However my prediction remains
      Canelo via TKO round - ?

Comment

Kirkland underrated

He's a flat out beast. He out landed Angulo 207 to 74 after getting hit 37 times in the 1st round. And he has underrated skills and speed. After the 1st round, he evades many shots. Dude doesn't get tired and is nearly impossible to discourage. He'd trouble Canelo greatly so long as he was properly trained.

Comment

I think Kirkland gets starched.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenpire View Post
            Coward Canelo would love to fight Kirkland today because he knows Kirkland is past his best and mentally isn't the same. The Kirkland of old destroys Gasnelo.
            coward canelo? he is not even in his prime yet but you complain about kirkland being post prime.... you are talking about prime kirkland but you havent seen prime canelo yet...

Comment

Canelo RD1 K.O

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                Kirkland's ability to take punches always seems to improve as the rounds go by but he's never faced anyone with that kind of precise combination punching. I see Canelo stopping him but it'll be a fun fight to watch.
                That ability to take punches as rounds go on is also displayed against guys who just wing wildly and fight Kirkland's fight.

Alvarez would completely wreck him. Smack him hard over and over, bully him close, and win easily. Fight doesn't go past 5 or 6.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  That ability to take punches as rounds go on is also displayed against guys who just wing wildly and fight Kirkland's fight.

Alvarez would completely wreck him. Smack him hard over and over, bully him close, and win easily. Fight doesn't go past 5 or 6.
                  I would agree with you!

Comment

How about a Canelo vs. Stevens matchup at catchweight 157/158?

I think that's a better fight.

Comment

I'd love to see this fight for Canelo's next PPV. A Kirkland posessed by the wolfe of Anne would make for a VERY entertaining fight.

However, I do have a feeling Canelo will take it due to the fact that he is just the more dynamic and more complete fighter out of the two. Would still love to see it because it would be entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X