No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Continues To Be a Ratings Hit on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    I rearely agree with anything you say ...but this i have to say is very true!
    i figured you watched beyonce. you arent really a boxing fan. im sure other than beating off to manny on manila CSPAN you don't watch much boxing related television.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
      btw most people are channel flippers. if something comes on that they don't want to watch they flip it quickly.......(people are more ADD then you give them credit for) and the first event was Sakio Bika (that went 12 long rounds)..........the documentary lead into the 12 round bika fight, not the broner fight.

again...............joke.
      I don't think they get how ratings work, if they did, they wouldn't say that stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post

i think the "beyonce documentary" thing is a joke considering that broner did 1.4 million against escobedo...........

it's a joke & it should be taken as a joke
        He only did 1.1 million against Demarco, a more well known opponent. Who knows?

I'm waiting for the Bika numbers. That's going to be the true test to see if Broner was affected by Beyonce. No way in hell does freaken Bika does half decent number unless it's explained by the lead in.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-20-2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Broner is going to be big, there's no reason to not give him credit for good ratings. He's super talented and last weekend was padding for his highlight reel. He's seen Floyd be successful and he's using that model for himself and he's doing it well.

Once he starts tearing into the 140 ranks it ought to be a very exciting run. He's offensive minded and he made it look like his opponents were fighting one of the X-Men in his last couple of fights.

Broner vs. Garcia, Khan, Malignaggi, etc. There's a big list of intriguing fights ahead of Broner as he moves up the scale.

Comment

I'm impressed now imagine if this was against Burns or Vasquez?
            The number may be doubled once he steps up in competition.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post

I'm waiting for the Bika numbers. That's going to be the true test to see if Broner was affected by Beyonce. No way in hell does freaken Bika does decent number unless it's explained by the lead in.
              Ur shooting your whole argument in the foot. Beyoncé wasn't the lead in to Broner, Bika was. U telling me a majority of these ppl sat thru that fight without turning the tv? Do u actually believe that? Ratings are based on the whole average of the show/event. The high was 1.5. so that means that average only went down .1 million viewers from the high, and u are gonna tell me that's because of a Beyoncé doc primarily designed to attract women and that came on nearly an hour B4? Its quite absurd and unrealistic

Comment

I'm waiting for the Bika numbers. That's going to be the true test to see if Broner was affected by Beyonce. No way in hell does freaken Bika does half decent number unless it's explained by the lead in.
                that wasn't the point. you missed what i was trying to say...........

broner did 1.4 million against escobedo.

we've already seen similar numbers from broner (against opponents that don't have a huge name)

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  Ur shooting your whole argument in the foot. Beyoncé wasn't the lead in to Broner, Bika was. U telling me a majority of these ppl sat thru that fight without turning the tv? Do u actually believe that? Ratings are based on the whole average of the show/event. The high was 1.5. so that means that average only went down .1 million viewers from the high, and u are gonna tell me that's because of a Beyoncé doc primarily designed to attract women and that came on nearly an hour B4? Its quite absurd and unrealistic
                  No, nielson ratings for HBO boxing are always reported for individual fights, not the entire event. Undercards get different ratings from the main event.

People often just turn on the tv just to see one thing and then just leave the channel on.
                  Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-20-2013, 03:02 PM.

Comment

No, nielson boxing ratings always report ratings for just the fight, not the entire event. Undercards get different ratings from the main event.

People often just turn on the tv just to see one thing and then just leave the channel on.
                    That's my point, man. The lead in to Broner was not Beyoncé, smh. That's why I said ur shooting your argument in the foot. And sure some ppl don't turn, but most do.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                      The Beyonce/Hov documentary lead-in are the reason for the good number...people just kept the channel on HBO.

I like watching the Problem and him beating up the Rock was amusing but B. and Hov help him out Saturday night.
                      Uuhhhmmmm no. Broner is coming just deal with it.
                      http://instagram.com/p/V9PHErO4WF/

Comment

Working...
                      X