No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Hints at Tough Final Opponent For 9/12

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
    Floyd makes business decisions and it wouldn't shock me at this point if he fought GGG. Floyd can walk away with another 9 figure check fighting GGG, he can't do that with Canelo, Cotto, or Khan.
    Exactly.

#48 fans are going to be sick along with the Golvkin fans that Floyd chose GGG to fight in September. It makes much more sense than any option out there right now. GGG is another easy pay day and historical measurement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
      You should thank canelo, GGG and Gonzalez that boxing hasn't hit rock bottom. Their recent fights saved boxing from a complete and utter collapse. I'm glad over 2 million people saw canelo put up a real fight and show, same goes with GGG and gonzalez. Heck even Monroe was brave enough to fight GGG toe-to-toe at times. Your hero is a coward and many of the public trashed him and his completely safe snoozefest performance. The public was talking about Floyd vs pac but for ALL THE WRONG REASONS you dunce.

Floyd doesn't represent boxing at all. A coward fake who hurts the sport and mocks real legends like robinson and Ali.

People aren't going to waste their money on that fraud no matter how many of his rap and r&b buddies he begs to sing at his boxing match hahahahahaha. Canelo going to steal that September date away from Floyd easily.

And what nobody are you talking about????? Surely nobody as unknown and as unexciting as algieri. If you're referring to maidana then you are a bigger dunce than I thought. Maidana was coming off a MUCH more high profile win than algieri and has already been in other big fights like khan, Ortiz, Morales, etc. On top of that maidana has a much much more fan friendly style.
      I cannot believe what I read on here sometimes. Wow. Such a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timeless View Post
        I cannot believe what I read on here sometimes. Wow. Such a shame.
        It's a shame that you consider truth and facts to be a shame. That's the real shame.

The public was ready to give up on boxing for good after the fight of the century was the joke of the century. but then came along canelo vs Kirkland to remind them how exciting and great the sport can be. Then that was followed by two exciting electric outstanding performances from Gonzalez and golovkin.
        Last edited by Divine Hammer; 05-18-2015, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• none of them are a threat to Floyd at all.

Thurman is too basic, he doesn't hit harder than Mosley, and is slow. The fight would look similar to the Canelo fight, with Thurman losing all 12 rounds.

Comment

• Cotto should be it.

Mayweather vs Cotto II

Then nothing left to prove. GGG is too big, too strong for Mayweather. That would be a boring ass fight as Mayweather will run and potshot all 12.

At least with Cotto we might see some exchanges.

Comment

• if he wants a fight against a guy who could be stylistically tricky then imo it will be kahn

if he wants to shoot for greatness it would GGG (this won't happen)

If he wants a paper belt in another division it will be cotto

if he wants an easy fight it will be garcia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chex31 View Post
                none of them are a threat to Floyd at all.

Thurman is too basic, he doesn't hit harder than Mosley, and is slow. The fight would look similar to the Canelo fight, with Thurman losing all 12 rounds.
                I would rather he fight Garcia than Thurman, the last person i want to see him fight would be thurman, he just isn't ready at all yet. In another 3 fights i believe he might be ready but now he just doesn't look ready to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
                  if he wants a fight against a guy who could be stylistically tricky then imo it will be kahn

if he wants to shoot for greatness it would GGG (this won't happen)

If he wants a paper belt in another division it will be cotto

if he wants an easy fight it will be garcia.
                  He would get destroyed at 160 by GGG, for someone who started at super featherweight that fight should not even be talked about. But to be honest he is on a different standards to anyone else so am not so shocked that some people are suggesting that fight.

Comment

• Tough opponent, eh? So I guess this would be Floyd's next opponent:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      He would get destroyed at 160 by GGG, for someone who started at super featherweight that fight should not even be talked about. But to be honest he is on a different standards to anyone else so am not so shocked that some people are suggesting that fight.
                      ahh I wouldn't expect him to get in there with GGG at 160 ... it's just something that if he was seriously vying for the greatest type accolades that he would have to do. Obviously don't blame him for not doing it and don't expect him to do it

Comment

Working...
                      X