Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBO refuses to sanction Golovkin-Pirog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great so Pirog has had 2 voluntary fights and 1 mandatory, While cleverly has had 2 voluntary fights and 0 mandatory... and why is he still being dragged into this again?

http://www.boxingscene.com/wbo-rejec...ky-bout--50839

So far the WBO are right and spot on, people like to critise the boxing organisation as soon as they see "Unification" but these promoters wouldnt be able to put together "Unifications" if their own fighters never was given the chances to fight for the belts in the first place, So yes Kudos to the WBO for stopping both Pirog and Cleverly.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
      It doesn't make sense because they have an interim titlist. So they can make sanctioning fees off of 2 bouts instead of just one.

They told Pirog he must fight N'dam next. A bout which he had originally agreed to but then was injured. Instead of moving forward with N'dam, Pirog chose to unify.

I think that when there's a unification the sanctioning fee percentage drops with each different belt on the line.
      Dear god, i hope that's not the reason

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        If Pirog is serious about expanding his fight base and getting bigger fights, he'll drop his title.
        A lot of his fan base comes from his title, thats the problem. Its a pretty big deal to hold a title in russia

Comment

You should also mention that a week or so later the WBO changed their minds and decided to permit Cleverly to have another voluntary.

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          So far the WBO are right and spot on, people like to critise the boxing organisation as soon as they see "Unification" but these promoters wouldnt be able to put together "Unifications" if their own fighters never was given the chances to fight for the belts in the first place, So yes Kudos to the WBO for stopping both Pirog and Cleverly.
          You must be Fwank himself posting on here.
          Last edited by The Hammer; 06-04-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

How long has N'Jikam been WBO interim titleholder... Maybe a month or so. The WBO should allow Golovkin and Pirog to fight one another and clear up the middleweight division. Winner of this fight can fight N'Jikam and N'Jikam can make he's own defense of he's interim title in the process. I was hoping Golovkin could fight Pirog and Geale and Sturm have already signed to fight one another. I want to see who the best middleweight is in the World.

Comment

Originally posted by Rpgboxen View Post
              How long has N'Jikam been WBO interim titleholder... Maybe a month or so. The WBO should allow Golovkin and Pirog to fight one another and clear up the middleweight division. Winner of this fight can fight N'Jikam and N'Jikam can make he's own defense of he's interim title in the process. I was hoping Golovkin could fight Pirog and Geale and Sturm have already signed to fight one another. I want to see who the best middleweight is in the World.
              Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                This is so ****ed up. I'll respect Pirog more if he decides to drop the belt and take a risk. Why aren't they sanctioning the fight? it seems like a no-brainer, do they gain anything by not sanctioning?
                They probably got paid by N'Dam's promoters to enforce the mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  You should also mention that a week of so laterr the WBO changed their minds and decided to permit Cleverly to have another voluntary.

You must be Fwank himself posting on here.
                  Still as it stands Cleverly has to fight his mandatory next, Just like Pirog, if this people know they want to unify then they shouldn't promise the boxing organisation that they would fight their "Mandatory" next when begging for a voluntary defense, So far the WBO are spot on Kudos to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    They probably got paid by N'Dam's promoters to enforce the mandatory.

You might be right, having just checked N'dams resume on boxrec it seems he only just fought once under the WBO, He was under the WBA for 3 fights (Interim) and now after one fight he is stationed to be the mandatory for Pirog, That seem dodgy as hell and i take back everything i said earlier on this subject.

Comment

Good for Pirog and Golovkin. One less sanctioning fee. Having two belts doesn't make one of them better, especially when there is already a WBA titlist. People who give a crap about sanc body rulings don't get it. They don't govern first. They profit first.

Period.

Regard them as self interested, slanted corps and you're better off.

Comment

Working...
                      X