No announcement yet.

Rampage wants James Toney for his next fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rampage wants James Toney for his next fight

He was InsideMMA and said Toney badmouthed him about not selling tickets in Detroit(or something along those lines)

Rampage said he wouldn't take it to the ground like Couture and would stand with him

I actually think Rampage wrecks him. He has a good chin and Toney's too slow. If Rampage was smart he would just straight up bum rush his slow ass. Toney can hardly beat the bums in this lackluster heavyweight division.

Rampage should fight Bader while Jon Jones fights Machida. Then maybe Rampage can get a title shot or fight Jones for a title shot. BUt I think Bader is higher up then Jones because of competition atleast at this point. No point in Bader vs Jones right now.

Comment

I do agree that Bader and Jones is a waste. It would be almost as bad as when they were talking about having Cain fight Dos Santos for #1 contender last summer.

I really don't see how Bader is a head of Jones at all. Jones is looking more impressive than Bader.

Just look at both of their last 3 fights and tell me who looks more impressive. Granted Jones lost to Hamil by DQ but that was complete bull**** and he was in the process of finishing him. Basically Jones just manhandled Vera, Hamil and Matyushenko. I have yet to see Bader look that good.I'm sure Bader would not be able to walk through Vera like that. Bader might decision him but not stop him in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
        I actually think Rampage wrecks him. He has a good chin and Toney's too slow. If Rampage was smart he would just straight up bum rush his slow ass. Toney can hardly beat the bums in this lackluster heavyweight division.

Rampage should fight Bader while Jon Jones fights Machida. Then maybe Rampage can get a title shot or fight Jones for a title shot. BUt I think Bader is higher up then Jones because of competition atleast at this point. No point in Bader vs Jones right now.
        lmao no he wouldn't, Toney would knock Rampages ass out if he stood. Toneys punches even on his back looked heavy

Comment

toe to toe, toney wins.

Comment

real mma fight, rampage easy wins

Comment

they both wud hae plenty to say at the pressers haha

Comment

MMA Scrap - Rampage destroys him.

Everybody saw James in the octagon, pityfull sight really. But what about James and Rampage in the octagon with an agreement that this is a battle of fists with those little ass gloves? More interesting to me.....Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                  lmao no he wouldn't, Toney would knock Rampages ass out if he stood. Toneys punches even on his back looked heavy
                  Well that would be fun as hell to watch.

I would be interested in seeing if UFC actually does this match. I mean Rampage was very serious about him wanting Toney for his next fight. Even in the worst scenario for UFC which is Rampage getting KO in 30 secs........ its not like UFC is going to fold because Toney exposes the fact MMA fighters can loss to a Boxer when trying to strike with a boxer in MMA. Anyone with a brain knows that can happen.

They could easily sell it with Rampage **** talking saying he will stand with Toney.

Comment

If they made it against the rules to take the fight to the ground then Toney would DESTROY Rampage. Rampage throws wild and misses like a amatuer. Machida whooped his ass but the judges were rigged by Dana white so Toney would need a KO to win.

Comment

Working...
                    X