No announcement yet.

Is sergio martinez an ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is sergio martinez an ATG?

I believe so. the reason i like martinez is he represents all that is good about boxing. he isnt a paper champ, he fought his way to the top. he doesnt get the media coverage alot of overrated bums gets. he represents the struggle

notable wins:

kermit cintron (i dont care what boxrec says, he won)
    paul williams
    kelly pavlik
    dzinziruk
    barker
    macklin
    chavez
    murray (soon to be)

smh noooooooo

Comment

If he beats Murray, Chavez jr again and Floyd, I'd say he deserves that honor. If he retires after the Murray fight, I'd say he is one of the best boxers of the last 10 years or so.

Comment

I like him, but he is not an all-time great as of yet imo.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          If he beats Murray, Chavez jr again and Floyd, I'd say he deserves that honor. If he retires after the Murray fight, I'd say he is one of the best boxers of the last 10 years or so.
          what will that prove? beating b level fighters doesn't make you an all time great unless your name is floyd mayweather and last i checked sergio's name was not floyd mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by sk819 View Post
            I believe so. the reason i like martinez is he represents all that is good about boxing. he isnt a paper champ, he fought his way to the top. he doesnt get the media coverage alot of overrated bums gets. he represents the struggle

notable wins:

kermit cintron (i dont care what boxrec says, he won)
            paul williams
            kelly pavlik
            dzinziruk
            barker
            macklin
            chavez
            murray (soon to be)

Not even close and I like Martinez..

Comment

no.................

Comment

no.......... he's not even a HOF

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                  no.................
                  is that why floyd won't fight him? i'm sure if he was an all time great he would be in a rush to fight him. come on sergio step your game up! beat berto then maybe you can get a floyd fight!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    is that why floyd won't fight him? i'm sure if he was an all time great he would be in a rush to fight him. come on sergio step your game up! beat berto then maybe you can get a floyd fight!
                    No it may have to do with the fact that he is a damn Middleweight

Comment

Working...
                    X