No announcement yet.

Khan-Maidana was a better fight than Berto-Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan-Maidana was a better fight than Berto-Ortiz

. Don't get me wrong, the first three rounds of Berto-Ortiz was thrilling as it could possibly get. But, it climaxed too early, and a lil firework in the 6th, it was kind of a boring fight in between and after the 6th.

Maidana-Khan was sustained action all throughout. Please vote on the poll.

Khan-Maidana wins hands down
    22.22%
    Berto-Ortiz kept me off my seat
    77.78%
    Last edited by Monte Fisto; 04-23-2011, 10:46 AM.

Berto-Ortiz was the much better fight, it's not even close. They exchanged punches throughout and both men were down on the canvas and got up and made it through.

In Khan Maidana all Khan did was hit and run and then cover up like a turtle when Maidana let loose. There were very few actual exchanges in the fight. The only truly exciting round in Khan-Maidana was the 10th when Khan was almost knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      Berto-Ortiz was the much better fight, it's not even close. They exchanged punches throughout and both men were down on the canvas and got up and made it through.

In Khan Maidana all Khan did was hit and run and then cover up like a turtle when Maidana let loose. There were very few actual exchanges in the fight. The only truly exciting round in Khan-Maidana was the 10th when Khan was almost knocked out.
      Pretty much what I was going to post. I fully agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

Co sign here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Co sign here.

Gotta agree with these guys. Berto/Ortiz takes it. Khan/Maidana was interesting but for the most part you knew who was in control the whole time except for the overhand right towards the end.

Granted, I'll admit Berto/Ortiz lost some of its drama when Andre just tried to get points by ducking into rabbit-punches and then complaining about it. That was from seven on. After Ortiz got up in the sixth and caught him with those twin lefthooks at the end, Berto more or less completely folded. But Ortiz's aggression and his vulnerabilities kept it interesting throughout.

Comment

Berto-Ortiz. Awesome fight. Khan-Maidana was terrific too though.

Comment

Both great fights. If I had to choose I'd go with Vic v berto. But that doesn't take anything away from khan maidana

Comment

TBH Ortiz Maidana was more exciting then Maidana Khan..

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
                  . Don't get me wrong, the first three rounds of Berto-Ortiz was thrilling as it could possibly get. But, it climaxed too early, and a lil firework in the 6th, it was kind of a boring fight in between and after the 6th.

Maidana-Khan was sustained action all throughout. Please vote on the poll.

Little firework in the 6th!?!? Then why did Steward almost have a heart attack. Why is it the clear front runner for rd of the year!? Come on don't downplay **** to fit your agenda.

Comment

Berto-Ortiz was better. It had more back-to-back action. The first 9 rounds were all Amir's. Maidana may won a couple of them but not by a large margin.

Comment

Working...
                    X