Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Andre Dirrell run from Arthur Abraham?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
    Dirrell is the bigger man. Why should he be afraid?
    Tunney are you seriously asking why Dirrell should trade with him? Why should Dirrell fight in a way that decreases his chances of winning?

Comment

I was not very impressed by Shumenov in his last fight.

But the childish behavior of Dirrell in his fight with Froch (sticking out his tongue like a little boy, running, holding, deliberately falling) was truly disgraceful for a grown man!

Why do you criticize Shumenov and not Dirrell, even though Dirrell was by far the worse disgrace?
      To begin with, I wouldn't necessarily consider sticking your tongue out as a disgraceful or childish, considering when it's used as a taunt in a fight. Taunting is something many fighters do, and although I'm not a fan of it, I wouldn't call a fighter a disgrace of it.

And I have said in the past that both Dirrell and Froch used "negative tactics" in that fight. However, I believed it was being blown out of proportion. And FYI, most of the rounds I gave Froch were the rounds in which Dirrell was falling and was out of his rhythm. Sorry, but just because a fighter's style isn't crowd pleasing, I'm not gonna hold it against him.

I try to be as objective as possible. However, with your last statement, are you saying that Shumenov was a disgrace?
      Last edited by Shadows; 03-25-2010, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        Calzaghe did the same thing vs. Jones Jr.
        No, Calzaghe was just imitating what Jones normally does.

It was a little poetic justice, because Jones had often behaved in a disrespectful way to his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
          To begin with, I wonder necessarily consider sticking your tongue out as a disgraceful or childish, considering when it's used as a taunt in a fight. Taunting is something many fighters do, and although I'm not a fan of it, I wouldn't call a fighter a disgrace of it.

And I have said in the past that both Dirrell and Froch used "negative tactics" in that fight. However, I believed it was being blown out of proportion. And FYI, most of the rounds I gave Froch were the rounds in which Dirrell was falling and was out of his rhythm. Sorry, but just because a fighter's style isn't crowd pleasing, I'm not gonna hold it against him.

I try to be as objective as possible. However, with your last statement, are you saying that Shumenov was a disgrace?
          Calzaghe did that same stuff vs. Jones Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
            No. Shumenov wasn't a disgrace really, he was just not impressive. I didn't see any evidence of poor sportsmanship from him.

Dirrell's childish behavior was disgraceful, though.

Comment

No. Shumenov wasn't a disgrace really, he was just not impressive. I didn't see any evidence of poor sportsmanship from him.

Dirrell's childish behavior was disgraceful, though.
              I'm talking in regards to his first fight with Campillo. Is that still your answer?

We will agree to disagree on the last part.

Comment

We know he will. I just hope we see another highlight reel KO from Arthur. These aren't the WWII days of where if you were American you had to root for Louis against Schmelling. Dirrel strikes me as the type of guy who wouldn't have done his duty like Joe Louis did in WWII even though he came to the ring against Froch in the camaflouge outfit. Lol.

And one question I have is, does anyone think that some of these jackass commentators from each network are gonna spoil the results from the other program? HBO used to have a big reputation for doing that anytime they were competing with Showtime.

Comment

Yes, he will be running like a coward, the funny thing is, all this i been hearing about Dirells "Massive" size advantage, he looks a couple inches taller, but a LOT skinnier

Comment

Originally posted by South318 View Post
                    He won't run, but he will not trade. It's called effective movement. Alot of fighters don't have effective movement like Dirrell and Mayweather because they lack the athletic ability and/or footwork.
                    lol @ you comparing dirrell's running to mayweather's defense

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Tunney, AA is one of the hardest punchers in boxing. Period. Dirrell being bigger doesnt mean he has to be stupid and trade with him.
                      you can outbox someone without having to literally run away

Comment

Working...
                      X