No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan M. Marquez: I Want Diaz in Mexico City on July 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan M. Marquez: I Want Diaz in Mexico City on July 2

The next fight for Juan Manuel Marquez will likely take place on July 2 at El Palacio de los Deportes in Mexico City. Marquez passed on the opportunity to fight in Las Vegas. He wants to face David Diaz in a junior welterweight bout to prepare himself for a third showdown with Manny Pacquiao on November 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Marquez has three proposals from venues who want host his next fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm not really sure why he's chosen Diaz but I hope they both make a good payday and come to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
      I'm not really sure why he's chosen Diaz but I hope they both make a good payday and come to fight.
      Neither do i.Diaz has been a career lightweight and im sure they wont be fighting at lightweight because what sort of tune up would that be for a fight he knows he will be fighting nine pounds heavier.This is a useless tune up Diaz outside of being a lefty resembles Manny's style or weight none what so ever

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
        R u telling him to take a very dangerous fight as a TUNE UP!!?? like Judah/Bradley/Khan/Maidana etc etc ....JMM thinks David Diaz is a very easy fight and a everage puncher at best with very limited skills and that why he will b the possible option for the tune up..

Comment

Well what will happen to JMM if this time he losses to pAC??? ..decisively!!!.. would he still get big fight's like Judah/Khan at 140 ....

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
            R u telling him to take a very dangerous fight as a TUNE UP!!?? like Judah/Bradley/Khan/Maidana etc etc ....JMM thinks David Diaz is a very easy fight and a everage puncher at best with very limited skills and that why he will b the possible option for the tune up..
            I think fighting a legitimate 140lber would be much better in the long run for Dinimata. First, it would go a long away to removing fears that a fight with Manny at 144 is a mismatch(which would increase PPV buys); secondly, if he loses we would know that he can successfully campaign at light-welter. I also don't think, for example, Judah would give Marquez anything he couldn't handle but he would be decent preparation for Manny.

I'm not surprised he's being cautious with 7m+ on the table, I just don't think it's in his best interests.

Comment

morales is looking for an opponent in july...why not him???

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                Neither do i.Diaz has been a career lightweight and im sure they wont be fighting at lightweight because what sort of tune up would that be for a fight he knows he will be fighting nine pounds heavier.This is a useless tune up Diaz outside of being a lefty resembles Manny's style or weight none what so ever
                pretty sure Diaz fought at 140 for quite a number of years and I believe he lost to Kendell Holt at 140 and that's when he decided to move to 135. So I don't think it's that bad of a tune up.

Actually the only concern I would have for Marquez is that if he does anything less than dominate it could look bad.

Comment

I don't think Diaz is the is a good choice for a tune up but to be honest who is Marquez going to fight that could replicate pacs style? If I was Marquez I would forget about pac for the moment and go for the 4th world title at 140 against Judah, it for sure will be an easier fight than pac. Plus even if he lost to Judah he would probably still get to fight pac. The only way that fight gets called off is if he totally destroys Judah lol

Comment

Smart move...i like it. Fight a guy @ 140. In your home town. against a lefty, former WORLD Champion and Paquiao apponent, and under his own promotional banner.

He needs to beat Diaz with ease and impress...If not...I doubt that i will Order Pac/Marquez 3.

I guess that's the only downside...

Comment

Working...
                    X