Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you consider this a new world record in boxing for Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you consider this a new world record in boxing for Pacquiao?

I wanted to change the title on my similar thread but it won't allow me, so I made a new one with the right title.

Did Pac is the first boxer who fought 5 straight boxing champions on his very first fight when he officially moved up in every division he went in? I think so.

When Pac officially moved up in these weight divisions. His very first fight were immediately against these current champions.

Featherweight - Barrera
    Super Featherweight - Morales
    Lightweight - Diaz
    Light Welterweight - Hatton
    Welterweight - Cotto

Any boxer out there did the same? Mostly, it is a common knowledge when a boxer moving up they took a tune up fight first to test the uncharted water. There were some who brave enough and did it but I don't think as many as what Pac did.

Originally posted by Mega Eggot
    With respect to the great fighters of the past...I believe they had to earn that contention in order to face the champion of the division. They couldn't just knock on the champ's door and say "Fight me, I'm new here, but I deserve it more than these other guys."

I think there were fighters out there from long ago that had hundreds of fights, but were never given that opportunity to face the champ.
    then that will be one of the mystic of pacquiao why was he allowed after all he was just moving up. if you must look back almost nobody gave manny the chance to win, nobody believes in him at first except for his die hard fans, those who follows his hometown fights and his forage in asian circuits. he was probably given the chance probably because he is exciting and he wanted it and his opponents thought they can easily defeat the small guy from asia.

Comment

Working...
    X