No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Eyes Erik Morales, Gesta For 7/14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    damm why so harsh on Erik? Danny Garcia's face was a mess. Look at the interviews of Ali before the Holmes fight, Erik is nowhere near that come on now.
    Because Ali was already showing signs of parkinsons, but in terms of ability in the ring, he's as far past it as Ali was from 1978-1980.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Morales is 1980 Ali past it. I'm sorry but I don't think he "almost won" against Garcia. Garcia won a clear cut UD, handily.

I'd rather see Rios than Gesta. Even though Rios got beaten by Abril, he still has better wins than Gesta has no doubt. He at least beat Acosta, Antillon, Murray, and Peterson, all Top 10 LW's at the time.

Judah did price himself out, why he did, I don't know.
      I thought he was on his way to winning a narrow decision until he got dropped in the 10th. After that he stepped off the gas and gave away rounds 11 & 12. Like I said, Morales/Marquez would be a legitimate fight in my eyes. Rios nor Gesta deserve a Marquez fight. Neither did Ramos or Fedechenko but whos counting ha ha. I would have been hyped for a Judah clash but he still thinks he's early 2000's Judah for some reason. Oh well. Hope the Morales fight goes through.
      Last edited by GodInFleshSuit; 05-12-2012, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Gesta is way too arrogant and c0cky for a serious fight like this. He'll get stopped by Marquez with his annoying c0ckiness.

Morales/Marquez would at least give fans an idea what it would look like.

Comment

Now, this is the fight that I want. And I will travel again to Dallas just to watch this fight Live and these two great fighters in action.

Forget about Morales is old and that, this he will train very hard and it is gonna be one hell of a fight and at the Cowboys stadium too.

I am excited for this.

I am not really impressed with Gesta and there is no way he is going to beat Marquez much less the other top dogs at 135.

Marquez- Morales is way better than Judah or Rios. You heard it from Larry.

Comment

Hope he picks Morales now.

Do not care to see Gesta.

Comment

Morales didn't make weight for his last fight either but he was coming off surgery and didn't look like he trained too terribly hard though a clash with Marquez should be able to motivate him to give it 1 last hurray plus he gives a better account then Gesta

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                Morales didn't make weight for his last fight either but he was coming off surgery and didn't look like he trained too terribly hard though a clash with Marquez should be able to motivate him to give it 1 last hurray plus he gives a better account then Gesta
                Right here^^^^

Comment

What a joke......i rather see markes vs judah or markes vs rios..

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                    Calm down killer! What is so wrong with this fight? Yes, it would have been more epic years ago but Marquez was relatively unknown back then. People act as if Morales is a shot fighter. He took it to Maidana w/ one eye mind you. Beat up a young 21 yr old in Cano. Almost won the Garcia fight until he was knocked down in the 10th. Morales is still a solid fighter. Plus these two would make a entertaining fight stylistically. It will add to the whole Barrera/Pacquiao/Marquez history and it will do huge numbers in Texas.

Rios just got schooled in his last fight and didn't make weight for the second straight time. He doesn't deserve the fight. Judah wants too much money. Morales/Marquez is the fight to make right now.
                    i see Marquez has found his next bum. XD fuccin idiot just retire already, you're wasting our time!

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      Hope he picks Gesta. Morales is 1980 Muhammad Ali past it.
                      I hope so too.....

Calm down killer! What is so wrong with this fight? Yes, it would have been more epic years ago but Marquez was relatively unknown back then. People act as if Morales is a shot fighter. He took it to Maidana w/ one eye mind you. Beat up a young 21 yr old in Cano. Almost won the Garcia fight until he was knocked down in the 10th. Morales is still a solid fighter. Plus these two would make a entertaining fight stylistically. It will add to the whole Barrera/Pacquiao/Marquez history and it will do huge numbers in Texas.

Please, Morales is shot, plain & simple - he gets owned.......

Rios just got schooled in his last fight and didn't make weight for the second straight time. He doesn't deserve the fight. Judah wants too much money. Morales/Marquez is the fight to make right now.
                      People already forgot Morales didn't make the weight either & didn't bother to try to lose it......

Originally posted by Libra_Por_Libra View Post
                      Judah priced himself out of the fight.

Rios is a bum who lost his last fight.

Morales is shot and past prime. He has no stamina left.

Gesta is an average fighter at best. JMM would destroy him and beat him.
                      Yep.........

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                      damm why so harsh on Erik? Danny Garcia's face was a mess. Look at the interviews of Ali before the Holmes fight, Erik is nowhere near that come on now.
                      Come on now, Morales lost his belt on the scales & looked terrible physically, especially with that tire around his waist......

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                      Morales schools Marquez if they get it on..
                      Leave the crack alone......

I thought he was on his way to winning a narrow decision until he got dropped in the 10th. After that he stepped off the gas and gave away rounds 11 & 12. Like I said, Morales/Marquez would be a legitimate fight in my eyes. Rios nor Gesta deserve a Marquez fight. Neither did Ramos or Fedechenko but whos counting ha ha. I would have been hyped for a Judah clash but he still thinks he's early 2000's Judah for some reason. Oh well. Hope the Morales fight goes through.
                      See above.......

Originally posted by 10CountKO View Post
                      Now, this is the fight that I want. And I will travel again to Dallas just to watch this fight Live and these two great fighters in action.

Forget about Morales is old and that, this he will train very hard and it is gonna be one hell of a fight and at the Cowboys stadium too.

I am excited for this.

I am not really impressed with Gesta and there is no way he is going to beat Marquez much less the other top dogs at 135.

Marquez- Morales is way better than Judah or Rios. You heard it from Larry.
                      Yeah, he'll train like he did for Garcia - you too see above......

Comment

Working...
                      X