Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Edges Erislandy Lara With Split Nod To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TRUTH is Lara made Canelo look bad, by making canelo miss a lot. But If Canelo doesn't chase Lara down and throw punches then he wouldn't be missing any shots and there wouldn't be a fight at all. Moving side to side and making your opponent miss is ok. But when that's all you're doing... well you can say... If the other guy doesn't throw then there wouldn't be any punches to be missing with.. in other words if Canelo didn't bring the fight and throw punches there would just be two guys running around a ring looking at each other. So for that you have to give it to Canelo. If this was a CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT where Lara was the champion, then yes Canelo has to BRING IT and TAKE IT AWAY from the champion. But it was just a REGULAR BOUT. Two guys fighting in a REGULAR BOUT. So Canelo didn't have to bring it to Lara. And Lara definitely didn't bring it to Canelo.... On the other hand if Lara was Mayweather in this fight, everyone knows Mayweather would have won. With that said.. I still say Canelo won for being the aggressor and the one looking for the fight. It wasn't a championship fight.. he didn't have to look for lara at all.

Comment

Lara won.
      What did Canelo land of note? Bunch of body shots to the arms (which were roared by the Mexicans).

Comment

I hadit 8-4 in favor of Canelo. It's not tht Lara wasn't effective it's that he wasn't effective the entire round. He would build a lead and squander it by large pockets of inactivity. Meanwhile Canelo is hunting and landing what look like vicious body shots with what SEEMS like minimal response back. Lara has bad fighr pacing in terms of leaving an impression in the judges eyes. Canelo also seemed to be doing more damage and just because Lara is moving doesnt mean it's as effective. Yes, Canelo is missing but Lara isn't even throwing to miss. He has to respnd. It's a shame because I had Lara winning some rounds the first minute or minute and a half then hed just give the impression he's getting punished by body shots and like he cant respond. I wish he would just do more

Comment

You can tell by Canelos body language after the fight that he felt he lost! He was missing all night and seemed frustrated at moments. I know some of you will say Lara ran even doe it's called footwork in a "boxing" ring and still he out landed Canelo. What's worse is Canelos post fight interview. The guys attitude is like vomit. Don't worry tomorrow your face is going to look like a "runner" ran all over it

Comment

Let's see Pacquiao/GGG crucify Alvarez.
            Let's see Cotto/Bradley UD Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr1fter View Post
              Lara won.
              What did Canelo land of note? Bunch of body shots to the arms (which were roared by the Mexicans).
              88 power punches out of his total 97 punches landed...

Comment

Originally posted by Da Hammer View Post
                Canelo worked the body nicely. Those left hooks to the body were a thing of beauty.
                They can't have been that good because Lara barely winced?

Comment

Lara's biggest moment of his life and chooses to run a marathon wow all that hype about Cuban boxing .you put me to sleep ,you lost ,no excuses ssshhtt talking b-i-t-c-h.nnnnnnnoooooooooo excuses that was what all you haters were saying right .lara lmfao.be great full canelo gave you your biggest payday you will ever get especially after this performance haaaaa suka.

Comment

Doesn't matter that lara was moving or running how some imbeciles call it. He out landed Canelo hit him with the cleaner punches and made Canelo swing at air all night.
                    He got robbed period.
                    Canelo landed 1 uppercut that was clean and that was it. The rest was all half as body punches and air misses.
                    Tough to beat somebody when the score cards were filled before the fight. Embarrassing

Comment

• canelo won and he deserved it.

fcuk lara and his fighting style. he talked too much **** before the fight and all he did was run and potshot. he was like a monkey jumping from tree to tree. if you use too much ring movements like that at least when you get set with your offense throw some combinations and not just throw potshots every fcukin 25 seconds.

well, he actually did throw combinations throughout the fight but it is so few and far between and when he did he was actually effective so i can't understand why he did not do it more often.

Comment

Working...
                      X