No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vic Darchinyan Felt Disrespected, Eyes Abner Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vic Darchinyan Felt Disrespected, Eyes Abner Mares

Former multi-division champion Vic Darchinyan (38-5-1, 27KOs) felt disrespected that so many people had him as the underdog in Saturday's fight against unbeaten super bantamweight contender Orlando Del Valle. Darchinyan used his experience and rough tactics to hand Del Valle (16-1) his first defeat as a pro with official scores of 96-94, 99-91 and 99-91.

[Click Here To Read More]

this rematch is long overdue...

Comment

Now less not start the trash talking just cause you beat a green fighter. Vic's ego gets too big quick.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        this rematch is long overdue...
        damn right dude..

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
          Now less not start the trash talking just cause you beat a green fighter. Vic's ego gets too big quick.
          he also seems reluctant to call out the guy who KO'd his ass too

Comment

Abner beat him already, no robbery there.

Comment

no one said robbery ..but no one can deny the first fight was close and could've gone either way as well...

Comment

The rematch is warranted as it was close, very competitive throughout but a clear win for Mares in my opinion. I'd rather Vic move back down solely based on his last performance. I know he was dominant but to land that many hard clean shots repeatedly and for Del Valle to still make it past the 10th, that's way too much work for a 36 year old. Del Valle still had his moments too, had he been a tad bit better offensively Vic could have found himself in serious trouble. At this stage Darchinyan has to count on hurting these guys, he may still have success against Mares though, it was Darchinyan's boxing and counter punching that Mares struggled with.

Comment

I want to see Vic vs Leo Santa Cruz.

Can't miss classic right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    The rematch is warranted as it was close, very competitive throughout but a clear win for Mares in my opinion. I'd rather Vic move back down solely based on his last performance.
                    Did he move up due to the losses, weight troubles, or both? I was actually really surprised he went home without Yamanaka's strap.

Vic looked like he obviously didn't belong in the class yesterday but was doing what he had to do. If he can make 118 comfortable I'm all about it.

I'd be down to see him and Agbeko do it again as well. Crossroads fight, Mosley-Vargas style.

Comment

Working...
                    X