No announcement yet.

Taylor vs Orozco & Jose Benavidez vs Jorge Paez Jr. on TruTv

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
    Well Top Rank have 3 champions at 140, and one guy going after the IBF belt, they going to have to fight each other to unify right?

WBA: Jessie Vargas
    WBA: interim: Jose Benavidez
    WBO: Terence Crawford
    IBF: Ik Yang If he beats Cesar Cuenca
    Vargas will probably vacate as he's fighting Bradley at 147 and Cuenca beats Ik Yang imo. Lucas coming for Crawford too
    Last edited by SalimShady1212; 05-16-2015, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Good fight. Thank god I turned it on from ESPN and Monte Midget Clay.
      Hey don't make fun of Rod "The Lighting Rod God" Salka's son like that!

Comment

• I think Taylor needs to switch trainers. Who ya think would fit him?

I say..... John David Jackson maybe, but isn't algieri with him now?

Comment

• impressive first round

Comment

• Just watched Benavidez. What the hell was he doing standing on the ropes?

Sometimes he was in the middle of the ring and he would just walk backwards until he got to the ropes and then stay there for half the round. Makes no sense. Obviously he got away with it this fight, but theres guys in this division who punch a hell of a lot harder than Paez jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Just watched Benavidez. What the hell was he doing standing on the ropes?

Sometimes he was in the middle of the ring and he would just walk backwards until he got to the ropes and then stay there for half the round. Makes no sense. Obviously he got away with it this fight, but theres guys in this division who punch a hell of a lot harder than Paez jr.
              He did the exact same thing against Herrera. He's not really accustomed to going into the later rounds, it could be that he's pacing himself.

Comment

• Orozco vs Taylor was a helluva fight and I thought they got the decision right. Props to both fighters and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them both.

Wasn't that impressed by Benavidez. Was not digging his I-can-fight-off-the-ropes-like-a-boss kung fu at all. Especially against a much smaller and less skilled opponent. Makes me wonder if his conditioning is lacking? Or maybe he should go up a weight class?

Props to Tru TV. Have the series set to record now. Keep bringin' it!
                Last edited by lefthook2daliva; 05-18-2015, 01:11 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                X