Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guardians of the Galaxy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw it the other day and loved it. I hate most of those Marvel movies, the only one I liked was Iron Man. Even the Avengers I thought was mediocre.

Guardians of the Galaxy though just had so much more character to it than the other super hero movies, It wasn't nearly as formulaic, and just better.

I think expectations had a lot to do with it. This weekend I had relatively low expectations for this and ended up loving it, and I also saw Boyhood which I had huge expectations for and ended up being very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Croyd View Post
      I remember the comic, it sucked. Why they would make a movie about it...
      Trailers shows me that it will be mostly blue screen eye candy followed up with jokes my 5 year old nor I would think were funny.
      They slapped a Marvel tag on it , set a budget , and are hoping to clear that budget with a 20% profit while tarnishing the Marvel name in the process.
      How wrong do you feel now?

Originally posted by lazy View Post
      When I seen Vin Diesel was in it I thought he was the bald muscle guy. He plays the skinny tree guy. wtf??
      I. AM. GROOT.

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
      they need christopher nolan in marvel baddd
      Why? They are making extremely entertaining, critically acclaimed movies that make a billion dollars each. Nolan's last superhero film was The Dark Knight Rises which was, with respect, dogshit.

Originally posted by C U NextTuesday View Post
      It looks like an absolute sack of ****. Sites like Rotten Tomatoes and IMBD can't be taken seriously anymore.
      How wrong do you feel now?

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
      wow, a very good one....really

in my opinion it's better than Avengers
      I surprisingly agree. It was pretty amazing.

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
      i saw it. it was good/fun movie. i love they showed thanos. i hope another marvel movie where thanos is the main villain. infinity gauntlet movie would be awesome
      They're clearly setting that up. Perhaps Thanos is going to be in a Guardians/Avengers cross-over film. In fact considering that he was the one pulling the strings behind the scenes in the Avengers it would be stunning if they squandered the opportunity.

Hmm. What about a Galactus movie?

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
      spoiler***
      it wasnt the duck they were trying to hint in the end but the one who escaped from that place

u know who?
      Are you talking about the Dark Elf who was in one of the boxes?

Comment

I thought it was awesome...Probably the best marvel film yet.

Comment

Originally posted by gandhalf View Post
          I thought it was awesome...Probably the best marvel film yet.
          Me too. The Marvel universe is getting better with every film (as long as you ignore Iron Man 3 which was pretty awful) and the Age of Ultron is going to be fucktacular. Which is spectacular with more fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Me too. The Marvel universe is getting better with every film (as long as you ignore Iron Man 3 which was pretty awful) and the Age of Ultron is going to be fucktacular. Which is spectacular with more fuck.
            We disagree on a lot of things , but i'm on your side on this one..
            And yes , Dark Knight rises was sh@t. (and i'm not even a Nolan hater or anything...I really enjoyed Prestige , Memento , Inception and his other batman films).... But Dark knight rises was a huge disappointment (as far as i'm concerned).

I'm pretty excited for Avengers 2 , Batman vs superman and of course...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3896198/

Comment

I liked the movie, thought it was really funny, and the soundtrack was great. I guess I'm not nerd enough to find what was so amazing about it. I thought the story was just OK. Cap America 2, Iron Man 1 and 3 were all better to me. This one was on par if not a little better than The Avengers.

That's just me. When it comes to the mythical god like creatures like Thanos and that blue guy I start to lose interest. I don't care for Thor because of that. Not that this movie was good and entertaining. People are just going a little overboard with the hype.

All of the characters in this movie were genuinely funny. I expected as much from Pratt and Cooper voicing the raccoon, but Batista of all people had me rolling.

Comment

Working...
              X