Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Mora and Peter Manfredo Jr. are interested in a third fight

TALK OF MORA-MANFREDO III FOR PROVIDENCE BEGINS
    By Rob Soucy

Old rivals Sergio Mora and Peter Manfredo Jr. are interested in a third fight against each other. Mora confirmed having discussions with Manfredo about making their two prior battles into a trilogy. Considering the controversial result of their second fight, the two former "Contender" reality show contestants have good reason. Mora won both of their 2005 battles, but many felt Manfredo deserved the verdict in the second fight. "I haven't talked to Peter in about six years and then got a text out of nowhere from him a couple of weeks ago," said Mora. "Peter asked me if I am ready for Mora-Manfredo III and I responded that we can do it in Providence [Manfredo's home town]." A third Mora-Manfredo fight would certainly draw up some interest in New England where Mora is less than loved by fight fans. Mora says he is a promotional free agent will be in Las Vegas for the Mayweather-Cotto clash hoping to meet with promoters. "I'm hungry and I want to fight the best," added Mora. "Martinez, Sturm, Golovkin, Chavez, Canelo [Alvarez], or K-9 [Bundrage]. I'll fight any of them, but I think Peter Manfredo and I need to fight once more. I's a fight I want Providence to see before he retires." Manfredo in fact announced his retirement after a knockout loss to Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in November. However, Manfredo could hardly be blamed for wanting one more fight in his hometown.

Boxing Talk .com

wouldn't even care or watch that fight tbh

Comment

War manfredo

Comment

I'd watch because I like Contender nostalgia

Comment

Them and nobody else is interested.

Comment

I totally dig Manfredo, so hell yeah I would watch. Bring it.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
              Them and nobody else is interested.
              Manfredo is more popular than what people give him credit for. Last year he recieved the highest FNF ratings and is actually a big draw in Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Manfredo is more popular than what people give him credit for. Last year he recieved the highest FNF ratings and is actually a big draw in Providence.
                I am a fan, hard working blue collar kid,how can people not like him.

Comment

I wonder if Arum will try to get the crooks at the WBC to let Chavez Jr to defend the belt vs the winner instead of Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    War manfredo
                    War the a ss on your avi

Comment

Working...
                    X