Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank or Froch - Who is better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its hard to imagine Froch winning against Eubank......But then its hard to imagine Froch beating anyone! He does though, he finds away and his awkward style works for him! Id favour Eubank over him though and most certainly Nigel Benn but The Cobra has shocked me a few times now so u cant count the man out

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      Its hard to imagine Froch winning against Eubank......But then its hard to imagine Froch beating anyone! He does though, he finds away and his awkward style works for him! Id favour Eubank over him though and most certainly Nigel Benn but The Cobra has shocked me a few times now so u cant count the man out
      Has Froch fought anyone as good as Eubank or Benn though? Other than Ward, nope.

Even Kessler, would get torn apart by Benn and outclassed by Eubank.

No way Froch beats any of these two.

But Froch-Benn would be entertaining.

Comment

Eubank by a country mile

if Eubank was around today he would be the top guy at smw

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
          Eubank by a country mile

if Eubank was around today he would be the top guy at smw
          He'd certainly be making serious dough.

Boxing needs more characters at the top level , desperately.

Margarito, Froch, Rios, Vitali - who else?

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary Hater View Post
            All things considered, these two are about the same level...

Good B fighters at their best...as in, not Top 10 P4P material in their respective eras...

Froch could surpass Eubank depending on how successful he is in the future...
            not being top 10 P4P = B Class?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
              Froch would comfortably beat the Eubank that Steve Collins beat and would have probably hung in there with a prime Eubank. Eubank would switch off and Froch could get his work done.

Froch could have existed comfortably in that era. They are all exciting but flawed fighters.

Let's be fair to Froch, he is slow at elite level but it takes someone as good Ward to take the play completely away from him. Ward is potentially a great, as long as his handlers aren't too careful with him.
              Eubank is one of the top 10 fighters of the last 25 years. I think Ward has the potential to reach that level but its certainly not a lock or anything

Comment

depends on which Eubank showed up. Froch is consistent and always brings it even if he isn't as talented. Eubank could be hot and cold, taking rounds off and sometimes not throwing enough. be a hell of a scrap.

Comment

eubank=english sven ottke

how he got to 41-0 is a mystery(not really paid off judges) he probably should of had about 10 losses by that time. when he was fighting everyone thought he was a fraud but because he got huge ratings they kept giving him fights that he lost so he kept his undefeated record. now that he's retired he's great? get outta here. he did beat some good fighters but most of the time he just fought to the level of his competition which was usually shabby. i suggest people actually watch his career set. froch has a chance against eubank of course.
                  Last edited by daggum; 12-20-2011, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    eubank=english sven ottke

how he got to 41-0 is a mystery(not really paid off judges) he probably should of had about 10 losses by that time. he did beat some good fighters but most of the time he just fought to the level of his competition which was usually shabby. i suggest people actually watch his career set. you will be like wat!
                    Ten might be a bit much but there were some questionable calls. I thought Watson I for instance was horrid.

The thing was he could be in utter classics like the first Benn fight or the Watson rematch that was just epic. He looked at times like he could beat Collins but didn't. Fighting down to levels is an apt description.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      Ten might be a bit much but there were some questionable calls. I thought Watson I for instance was horrid.

The thing was he could be in utter classics like the first Benn fight or the Watson rematch that was just epic. He looked at times like he could beat Collins but didn't. Fighting down to levels is an apt description.
                      at least ten controversial fights i would say. some were close fights that probably should have gone the other way but weren't outright robberies but others were clear losses. even in his 5th pro fight he got a gift decision against some unknown guy. in those fights his record reads 8-0-2 when in reality it should probably be something like 2-7-1 or somewhere around there. even if you are more kind to eubank and have him like 5-5 it's still a huge difference to his actual resume. just goes to show you how much boxrec influences people. some guys legacy's like eubank get enhanced because of "boxrec memories" while guys like winky get hosed.

his whole "undefeated image" was just hype so people would tune in and see him fight(like mayweather) and it worked because he got great ratings. his record is much better than he actually is but he's still a good fighter no doubt.
                      Last edited by daggum; 12-20-2011, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X