No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman Returns on March 2: With or Without Cayo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joan Guzman Returns on March 2: With or Without Cayo

Former two-division titlist Joan Guzman made a vow towards the end of 2011 to employ better training habits and to remain more active in the ring.

[Click Here To Read More]

seems that on this occasion Guzman's team will make a serious attempt to claim it. Cayo is a complicated fight, mostly due to the difference in height (4 inches for Cayo). However, if the new strength of Guzman is real (has 2 KO early in his last two fights), it would be possible to soften Cayoin the first half and then dominated in the second half the match, provided they are not tired and display his defensive skills he has shown in his career. HOWEVER, even beating Cayo, how to do this would be a true test of their ability against the best of that weight. So we would see what Guzman has yet to manage to the best 140 today.

Comment

Guzman will get some rounds in then mid rounds goes for the kill but i wouldnt be suprised if it ends within the first 5.Cayos height wont give guzman problems he faced funeka twice who is taller then cayo.cayo doesnt use his height which will benefit guzman.he will be eating body shots and right hands all night leading into a highlight ko by guzman.his power is rejuvinated cuz he doesnt have to kill himself to make weight anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
        Guzman will get some rounds in then mid rounds goes for the kill but i wouldnt be suprised if it ends within the first 5.Cayos height wont give guzman problems he faced funeka twice who is taller then cayo.cayo doesnt use his height which will benefit guzman.he will be eating body shots and right hands all night leading into a highlight ko by guzman.his power is rejuvinated cuz he doesnt have to kill himself to make weight anymore.
        I said before when Cayo fought Pterson and I'll say it this time: Wrong fight for Cayo, period! He looses easy...in my opinion. Guzman is too defensive for him and Cayo is to open for everything Guzman will be throwing at him. If I was Cayo I take another two or three easy fights before stepping up again....build confidence first. Guzman is not the way to go. My two cents!

Comment

can someone please find out who GUZMANS new trainer is..or any info on him...where do they train? heard his trainer was pretty good..2 ko's in last 2 fights says something..any info? thx.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4u View Post
            can someone please find out who GUZMANS new trainer is..or any info on him...where do they train? heard his trainer was pretty good..2 ko's in last 2 fights says something..any info? thx.
            Don Saxby.padman mostly,guzman does not need a trainer he just needed ppl to help him prepare himself physically.he now walks around 150

Comment

Working...
            X