Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather's hand speed overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Floyd Mayweather's hand speed overrated?

I think his hands are really fast. Even as he gets older, he still maintains fast hand speed.
    Last edited by Anthony Birts; 08-07-2013, 04:53 PM.

No he is as fast as they come. Still till this day. I think only Russell is faster in boxing right now. Maybe Gamboa, maybe

Comment

When it comes to throwing singles shots, I don't see anyone else matching him speed for speed.

Comment

I think it is he's fast but not as fast as some make it out to be.

There's plenty of fighters who have better hand speed or are just as fast. Counters always look fast your hitting a man you've put outta postion and if your only throwing one or two shots it's gonna look insanely fast too.

Fighters I'd say are faster.

Broner
        Khan
        PAC man
        Direll
        Russel jr
        Rigo- he's even faster with single shots
        2008-2010 gamboa
        Berto

Comment

could somebody tell me what alt this is?

Comment

Floyd and Rigo are same, they don't throw blazing fast combos but are quick pot shotters single punch for punch they are what you call SHARP shooters like snipers, they can throw one shot very fast and get out of the way, but in terms of combos they are not among the fastest hands/

Roy Jones jr in his prime, Pacquiao in his prime, Russel JR, Gamboa, Zab Judah, Amir Khan these guys have much faster hands.

Comment

Because of his Philly shell/shoulder roll defensive posture, it makes it very difficult for Mayweather to land more than single punches at a time or even throw flurries; Fast multiple punches that hardly land. Unlike many other fighters, he rarely lands fast punches in succession. For the most part, he is just an accurate pot shot boxer/puncher.

Comment

How can your Hand Speed be "OVERRATED"? Either you have great hand speed or you DON'T! It is nothing to "RATE"

Comment

Hes fast, it's his accuracy/IQ that is otherworldly. He knows when to throw the shots perfectly, but he has slowed as he moved up in weight.

I still think Manny is faster, yet more irresponsible when attacking. Khan as well

Comment

I don't think it's his hand speed, it's his timing. His superb timing just makes him look faster than he really is.

Comment

Working...
                    X