Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The reason why Haymon is making yet another mismatch between Santa Cruz and a #90+ BW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Is because you guys supported Garcia vs Salka. You gave it too much attention, even though it was negative attention, you still gave it too much. You said you weren't gonna watch it, but I bet you did. You gave the fight more hype than a Mayweather-Maidana II and Pacquiao-Algieri have gotten since their announcement. You called for a boycott and didn't follow through with it yourself.

Haymon feels like "If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it". He saw the support you guys gave Garcia-Salka through your critique, your threads, your posts, in both social media and boxing forums. I have no proof, but I have a strong feeling the majority of those 800k viewers that saw Garcia-Salka were critics and more Garcia fans probably didn't see it, like me.

Go ahead and sarcastically hype up Santa Cruz's next opponent and give the undercard more hype with your ridiculing of it and false boycotting. Haymon is enjoying the fake "backlash" all you fake critics are giving his last two terrible match ups.
    You make a great point, I think it speaks volumes about this forum as well..
    There are some great boxing enthusiasts on this website, but those voices are drowned out with the overwhelming amount of casual fans.
    It's a damn shame really, this website has people more interested in an "atg snake" debate than actually discussing boxing.. I mean wtf lol

Comment

And not only that, but people are so attached to there "favourite fighter" .. they'll become hypocritical just to support them.
      You don't get any of there purse, you don't hang with them. Respect them, not worship them. I mean put it this way, I'm a massive pacquiao fan, got so much respect for him win lose or draw. But ****, I think pacquiao vs. Algieri is a bull**** fight.. It really is! And I don't give a **** about voicing that just because I'm a fan of pac.. I expect more from him.
      And that's only an example, this counts for the vast majority of fighters.
      It may seem like I'm not a true fan, but the same fans I speak of, the "true" fans are NOWHERE to be seen when there fighter loses (george groves fans I'm looking at you) anyway , done with rant.

Comment

"But al Haymon is so great for boxing because all I care about is that the fighters get paid."

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
          You make a great point, I think it speaks volumes about this forum as well..
          There are some great boxing enthusiasts on this website, but those voices are drowned out with the overwhelming amount of casual fans.
          It's a damn shame really, this website has people more interested in an "atg snake" debate than actually discussing boxing.. I mean wtf lol
          Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
          And not only that, but people are so attached to there "favourite fighter" .. they'll become hypocritical just to support them.
          You don't get any of there purse, you don't hang with them. Respect them, not worship them. I mean put it this way, I'm a massive pacquiao fan, got so much respect for him win lose or draw. But ****, I think pacquiao vs. Algieri is a bull**** fight.. It really is! And I don't give a **** about voicing that just because I'm a fan of pac.. I expect more from him.
          And that's only an example, this counts for the vast majority of fighters.
          It may seem like I'm not a true fan, but the same fans I speak of, the "true" fans are NOWHERE to be seen when there fighter loses (george groves fans I'm looking at you) anyway , done with rant.
          I agree. Green K.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Everyone blames Haymon..but he is not a promoter nor a matchmaker
            Hymen is the puppetmaster........he calls ALL the shots, pulls ALL the strings...never forget that.

Comment

Wow. It's the fans' fault, not Haymon. Wow.

Comment

You couldn't be more wrong. He's fighting another bum and that's on his own notion. To blame Haymon for it is outrageous considering how much hype is surrounding this kid. He's too brave for his own good. He Mexican and can be sold to that crowd but that comes with winning too.

I bet you were one of those guys "boycotting" the Garcia/Salka fight.

Go ahead and boycott Mayhem, let's see how good that does you.

Comment

Boycotting Mayweather seems more effective. Fans are simply sick of Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                  X