Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the MOST ATHLETIC COUNTRIES By Continent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
    i played highschool football (murican one) and baseball.

i bet my account you got picked last in PE let along being a member of a high school team.

and yes, your typical pretentious motivational speaking post is wrong.
    I'm wrong because....?? I have no idea what you're talking about lol

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
      TOTAL MEDALS BY COUNTRY

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/medals

USA, China and Russia are the top three.

India did poorly for it's big population, winning only 6 medals.
      Going by that it's Great Britain. But over time it's Australasia. Half the population of Britain and consistently beating their medal total.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
        TOTAL MEDALS BY COUNTRY

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/medals

USA, China and Russia are the top three.

India did poorly for it's big population, winning only 6 medals.
        Those statistics prove my point.

All the countries in the top are countries who can afford to have athletic programs.

If you're born in China or America, and you want to be an athlete, there are programs and opportunies for you. If you work hard you can have a career and a future. Even fame.

If you're born in Philippines or Ethiopia and you want to be an athlete, there's a 99% chance you won't make any money from and you will die of starvation.

Comment

MURRICA
          Argentina
          Germany
          Ivory Coast
          Japan

Countries like Jamaica and Switzerland do very well for how small they are.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
            Asia
            North America
            South America
            Europe
            Africa
            Mongolia
            Alaska
            Diego Maradona
            Luxembourg
            Oscar Pistorius

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post

All the countries in the top are countries who can afford to have athletic programs.

If you're born in China or America, and you want to be an athlete, there are programs and opportunies for you. If you work hard you can have a career and a future. Even fame.

If you're born in Philippines or Ethiopia and you want to be an athlete, there's a 99% chance you won't make any money from and you will die of starvation.
              The kids playing football in Africa often end up making it to top leagues while other athletically (or vertically) gifted African youths end up playing basketball in the US. For basketball being the national sport you'd think Philippines would have at least a few NBA guards.

Comment

I'm wrong because....?? I have no idea what you're talking about lol
                yes half the time you are wrong and have no idea wtf you are talking about.

finally, a proper post that i can agree with.

philippines are actually very talented athletically but like you said they are not supported financially by the goverment. i got close to my ex's dad who is a pinoy and he said olympic athletes were fed dried fish while the suits who didnt play ate meat.

philippines could be more talented and be the most athletically superior country in asia due to the fact that pinoys have spanish/european blood.

Pacquiao reaching the highest levels of boxing is proof of your athletic chops. sadly your country is too corrupt due to religion.

Comment

It doesn't really matter. The Wisdom of Athletics is that you get out what you put in. You get what you fight for.

It's the same for every skin color. Greatness can only be achieved through dedication and hard work. There is no other way.

it's what he does.

it's all he does!

Comment

Dead last: USA

Comment

Tase what in the hell are you talking about. How am I wrong?

Have you ever played a sport in your life? The more effort and commitment you put into it, the better you will be. The more practice and experience that you accumulate, the better you will be. The better you condition and perfect your body, the better you will be. The better you nourish and optimize yourself with the proper nutrients, the better you will be.

Have you ever played with other people before? It doesn't matter what race somebody is, if they have something to prove to others and themselves, they can transform into something greater.

The Wisdom of sports, the lesson, the truth that comes out in every athlete, is that the only thing that matters is what's inside. **** you if you think that's corny, that's something that all athletes learn over and over, when they are challenged by others and themselves. That is the truth.

Nobody can be perfect so there never can be an end to improvement. There is no limit to how much you can excel in something if the dedication is there.

I don't know how you can be a sports fan if you don't understand these principles. Maybe you just like watching fit dudes sweat.
                      Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-12-2014, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X