No announcement yet.

Rigo/Donaire fight: Everybody going

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    So am I...so am I. I can't begin to imagine. My main concern is that it be a packed house. It's a small venue, so it really shouldn't be a problem. If it's not full, I think it says more about Donaire than Rigo.
    True some west coast journalist went on a rant and saying that top rank will have a hard time to even fill up half of it. I dont think its going to be that bad, but if we can get close to 6k that will be amazing. 6k is not a bad crowd for a fight with no co feature at the 122.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanboss87 View Post
      lol really, how in the world did they get hatuey's up there lol u know any good cuban restaurants? Every time I visit NY or FLA I always put that on my agenda. Hayury is extint now in Cuba they only got cristal and bucanero. I don't mess with bucanero but I def mess with cristal.
      There are a few Cuban places I used to drop in on from time to time. Not that I had to, my mom's an awesome cook. lol The place I mentioned just happened to be in a part of town I used to frequent. There's a small, pretty nice spot I used to like in Greenwich Village, right near Washington Square Park, simply called "Cuba." There was a surge of Cuban restaurants in NYC during the last ten years or so. Most of them are fairly nice places, not barrio-type joints.

Comment

There are a few Cuban places I used to drop in on from time to time. Not that I had to, my mom's an awesome cook. lol The place I mentioned just happened to be in a part of town I used to frequent. There's a small, pretty nice spot I used to like in Greenwich Village, right near Washington Square Park, simply called "Cuba." There was a surge of Cuban restaurants in NYC during the last ten years or so. Most of them are fairly nice places, not barrio-type joints.
        I'm def hitting one of them up

Comment

hell yea!!!! We'll drink a couple of Hatuey Lagers
          Damn now I feel like a fake ass Cuban, I've never tried one lol

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            Thinking about getting tix to this myself! I'd be nervous if I was holding tix to this fight though with all the back and forth BS between contracts, drug testing and both fighters egos. I really hope the fight goes down because its a GREAT match up, the boxing gods owe us this one!
            I wouldn't chance it if I were you. I'd kick myself if I had a chance to attend and missed it because I was slow on the trigger, or even simply got terrible seats. Cubanboss and I got the $75 tickets on the first mezzanine. They look like great seats. The price is right, too.

Comment

I'm def hitting one of them up
              We'll coordinate and hit up a good place.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                lol u missed out, they r out of production now

Comment

We'll coordinate and hit up a good place.
                  sounds great, u got any idea for the post game celebration lol

Comment

lol u missed out, they r out of production now
                    Even worse lol. I'll be directly in front of you guys 1 level down in the orchestra 400 row h, the last row before the sound board. Probably wearing the flag as a cape.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                      You gotta have one just to say you had one, but it's nothing special in my opinion. It's like having a Corona. Then again, I like my beers. The only time I have lagers and such is in hot weather, at the beach or doing yard work. I usually prefer heavier stuff that grows hair on your chest. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X