Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nick Diaz is Broke and Will Do Anything for Money, Including Being “Nice”

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Nick Diaz is Broke and Will Do Anything for Money, Including Being “Nice”

Nick Diaz is Broke and Will Do Anything for Money, Including Being “Nice”
    Written by Tom Ngo
    October 6th, 2010
    Help 5thRound.com spread the word

If you believe Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz, the glitz and glamor attached with being a professional mixed martial artist does not include a bankroll. According to the controversial slugger and habitual marijuana puffer, he’s dead broke and will do anything for some dough – including being “nice.”

“People need to understand that I don’t make a lot of money. For real,” Diaz told The Shoot. “I spent all my money on food. I don’t have any money. I spent it all on food. I didn’t buy anything.

“I worry about taxes and I watch my bank account just, WHOOSH, get sucked away. So I’m like, man, I just want to fight and get paid.”

Diaz reportedly pocketed $100,000 for his win over Marius Zaromskis at “Strikeforce: Miami” earlier this year. That does not include any additional sponsorship dollars he took home for headlining the Showtime broadcast, which often overshadow MMA fight purses. Considering the median income in the United States for 2010 was only $49,777, Diaz clearly bought far too many bud brownies if his bank account is on red alert.

“I’ll act nice, whatever, you know? Like I said, if I’m paid to do that, just let me know that’s what I need to do to play the game,” Diaz said of his dire state. “What’s the game? Tell me what I’m supposed to do. What’s my job description? I thought I’m a fighter, so I just kept it real like I always did.”

Thankfully, Diaz’s next payday comes this Saturday and he’ll FINALLY be able to make ends meet once again. Medical Marijuana clinics across Stockton, California are anxiously awaiting his arrival.

Props to mmanews.com and 5thround.com

Link:
    http://www.5thround.com/wp-content/u.../05/ndiaz1.jpg

Comment

If he stopped smoking weed, he would have more money pocketed but noooo, he wanted to waste $5 every 3 days for 6 months.

Comment

This thread is hilarious. It is amazing that he has worked out a system to pass doping tests (most of the time) though

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          If he stopped smoking weed, he would have more money pocketed but noooo, he wanted to waste $5 every 3 days for 6 months.
          $5 every 3 days? He must not smoke much.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
            $5 every 3 days? He must not smoke much.
            Unless he's smoking shit weed to stay true to the ghetto.

Stockton bitches....

Gotta love Diaz. I got him beating Noons.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
              This thread is hilarious. It is amazing that he has worked out a system to pass doping tests (most of the time) though
              Diaz is hilarious. Guy is just a character.

Comment

isn't diaz a vegan?

how can you spend so much money on cow's food?

Never thought before that soya and grass were so expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
                  isn't diaz a vegan?

how can you spend so much money on cow's food?

Never thought before that soya and grass were so expensive.
                  Eating healthy is quite expensive actually. Prices from farms are like gas a lot of times and if he doesnt actually eat meat then that means hes buying more vegetables to make up for the meat on top of paying expensive prices on supplements. But in all honesty, with his above average h;dso8

Comment

I caught a replay of Noons-Diaz I on Showtime 2 nights ago. Big beatdown, Noons did boxing proud. Really excited for the rematch this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                    X