No announcement yet.

Carl Froch is like a squared circle, completely illogical

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    That is not an easy way to win strictly fighting inside, especially if the other guy throws a jab.

All Froch would have to do is jab and grab, problem solved.

So that is not a stylistic problem to me.

Cool......but i got Johnson in that one......even with age and making weight. I'd be even more confident in Ward beating Froch.

Comment

I use to hate the guy with a passion, but he earned my respect with the way he fought against Kessler, and Ive also come to realize he is much smarter than he looks.

Physically there is nothing special about him. He is not a particularly devastating puncher, nor is he particularly fast, hes just average all around.

Where he does well is at breaking down the fights, and preparing in game plan in
      the gym. He seems to come to the ring with a game plan and he executes it.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
        Sig it now if you like......all my points on Johnson.
        I guess if you want, but why would you want to bet on the Road Warrior when you know that fight is going to be in Nottingham.

Are you really pinning your hopes on Froch getting taken out?

Kind of a silly bet.

Comment

I like Froch, to me NATAS, he is UK's next big boxing star. Because it sure as fuck isn't Haye. Let's just take it one at a time.

Comment

Cool......but i got Johnson in that one......even with age and making weight. I'd be even more confident in Ward beating Froch.
            I know Ward would beat him because Ward would frustrate him by hook or by crook.

Glen doesn't fight like that he comes to beat the other guy, which is the much tougher road to beating Froch.

Comment

I guess if you want, but why would you want to bet on the Road Warrior when you know that fight is going to be in Nottingham.

Are you really pinning your hopes on Froch getting taken out?

Kind of a silly bet.

1. It's fantasy points

2. I'm confident Glen will beat him clearly or by late KO.

Comment

1. It's fantasy points

2. I'm confident Glen will beat him clearly or by late KO.
                Even if Glen beats him clearly he isn't getting the nod in Nottingham, no way no how.

I haven yet to see Froch in any form of serious trouble so tough to say he would get knocked out.

I will give you 2 to 1 odds just to be fair and I won't take all your points just 500k.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                  I can't remember what I scored the Kessler fight but I know I had Froch winning (115-113 maybe?) but yeah Kessler didn't seem to be landing the bigger blows to me. It seemed Froch was the one doing the real damage.
                  He wasn't... the cleanest blows he was landing were straights to the body, pretty much everything else was a glancing blow.

The cleanest and most consistent shot landed in the fight was Froch's jab, it's no coincidence Kessler's face looked like it did. It was just as red as AA's was tonight.

But when you have a crowd erupting every time an opponent flurries or lands a glancing blow, it's tough to win. That's part of what hometown advantage is about.

Comment

Even if Glen beats him clearly he isn't getting the nod in Nottingham, no way no how.

I haven yet to see Froch in any form of serious trouble so tough to say he would get knocked out.

I will give you 2 to 1 odds just to be fair and I won't take all your points just 500k.

no worries. I agree that he would need to club Froch like a baby seal to get tthe nod in Froch's back yard.....

Comment

Working...
                    X