Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when these cats were saying Maidana is a face first one dimensional brawler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    I agree,I still think a fight between Prov and Maidana is 50/50..Not to mention,I'd personally favor Prov..I think he's the more athletic of the two..

Maidana has good power and great heart and will to win..That's what makes him special imo..
    those are his attributes, but they're nothing special. His power isn't other-worldly and lots of fighters have heart.

I take nothing away from him, he's a warrior and I support him when he fights but he's a limited boxer and I don't agree with the attempts to paint him as anything else.

Comment

He is a brawler, his defense isn't the best.

But why is that such a bad thing? Why is a "face first brawler" a bad thing?

He's limited yes but he's also very good at what he does which makes him effective and dangerous for anyone when he's on his A game.

These days being a brawler is considered the worst thing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        those are his attributes, but they're nothing special. His power isn't other-worldly and lots of fighters have heart.

I take nothing away from him, he's a warrior and I support him when he fights but he's a limited boxer and I don't agree with the attempts to paint him as anything else.
        I agree 100%..

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

He's limited yes but he's also very good at what he does which makes him effective and dangerous for anyone when he's on his A game.

So true. I think people overlook the fact that it takes skills to be a good brawler.

Comment

Actually being a Brawler usually means a bit overrated on by the fans to an extent nowa days..Yet your overall point I agree with tho..

Comment

Maidana is a face first one dimensional boxer

he lost the fight, like we all predicted

it was a one sided match up, only chance maidana had was low blows and head butts

this is a joke of rematch and it will be even more easier for floyd this time around, i also expect a more stricter ref, so maidana cant do his dirty tactics, thus stands zero chance of winning

Comment

Maidana has an ugly looking style (not to me), but it's effective.

He knows how to hit and not get hit, and hey isn't that what boxing's all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter End View Post
                  Maidana has an ugly looking style (not to me), but it's effective.

He knows how to hit and not get hit, and hey isn't that what boxing's all about?
                  Good post. Well said.

Comment

It's only a bad thing when people use it to say a fighter is more limited than he is. There are also different types of brawlers but face first brawler tells me a guy comes forward with total disregard for defense, that's not Maidana, Maidana has underrated defense and is very rarely ever marked up.

Comment

Working...
                    X