Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duva talks Curtis Stevens and Kovalev: Extremely confident in making Stevenson fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kombayn View Post
    I think it's going to be Eleider Álvarez who fights Sergey Kovalev, probably in Canada once again. I think Stevenson vs. Kovalev at Radio City Music Hall or The Theatre at MSG would be awesome, most likely the Bell Centre.
    If he fights Kovalev the way he fought Gardiner he has no chance. I've only seen Alvarez in that fight so I don't know him too well but based on that performance he will not make it thru 3 rounds with Kovalev IMHO.

Comment

HBO will showcase these guys one more time, then i think they look for a summer showdown,,,

HBO is the one putting up the money, and this fight is one of the biggest HBO can make this year,,,

With hopkins on showtime, ward staying at 168, chavez-froch looking to collide this summer, and pascal not looking to fight stevenson,, bute losing, All the big name options are taken for stevenson,, Kovolev still could fight pascal

Im pretty certain we will see adonis-kovolev sometime in the 2nd half of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        HBO will showcase these guys one more time, then i think they look for a summer showdown,,,

HBO is the one putting up the money, and this fight is one of the biggest HBO can make this year,,,

With hopkins on showtime, ward staying at 168, chavez-froch looking to collide this summer, and pascal not looking to fight stevenson,, bute losing, All the big name options are taken for stevenson,, Kovolev still could fight pascal

Im pretty certain we will see adonis-kovolev sometime in the 2nd half of 2014
        Hoping so...making me wonder what's up with Pascal though

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Hoping so...making me wonder what's up with Pascal though
          Pascal will be in line for another big fight, but the bute fight didnt bring huge HBO numbers so there isnt a huge demand for him now,, He will probably be everyone's back up plan,,,

Kovolev vs Pascal would be interesting matchup,,,,,,

pascal will probably be inactive till december and then fight a tune-up, knowing his track record in the past

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Pascal will be in line for another big fight, but the bute fight didnt bring huge HBO numbers so there isnt a huge demand for him now,, He will probably be everyone's back up plan,,,

Kovolev vs Pascal would be interesting matchup,,,,,,

pascal will probably be inactive till december and then fight a tune-up, knowing his track record in the past
            I'm sure Canada won't care because they're both big there, but maybe HBO will ratings wise

Comment

GYM confirms this

http://tha boxingvoice.com/yvon-michel-confirms-negotiations-for-stevenson-kovalev/21935

Comment

Working...
              X