Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Billy point thangy thang, most significant boxing fight? Beating the white hope

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
    That's how significant it was though. White people use to think they were that much superior to blacks that even if they took 10-20 years off they still should always be able to whip a black man. Jack Johnson put that to sleep real fast and put blacks at an almost equal playing feild.
    That's a good point.

The odds were pro White and Jefferies was the favourite regardless to the fact he really shouldn't havbe been solely due to being a great white Champion.

Which shows the significance of this fight. Which was, in all fairness, pretty huge and a turning point in history so to speak. A start, at least.
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 06-15-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza
      Oh look mr.black panther is on one of his alts trying to make white people look bad again.

Congratulations to Mr. Johnson for smashing a middle weight (ketchel) and beating an old 5'10 man jeffries.

It's funny today there is no great black hope, considering we probably will never see a black heavyweight champion ever again in boxing now that eastern europeans box.
      Seriously?....................................

1. This is not an alt, check my user name history fool.

2. Where not even talking about his resume, where talking about the fight. This has nothing to do with racism or saying Blacks > White or I'm sure 10x brighter guys then yourself like Poet, Irondan, and Jab would have said something by now.

It's the significance of the win because it was in the 1910's where whites and blacks were at war on their own home turf and white people never thought in a million years one of their great champions could lose to a black fighter. It's fact, no racism involved.

Please provide something useful or GTFO and stop trollin'. Not everything has to do with race or be racist scumbag like yourself always believes.

Comment

Originally posted by led's baby mama View Post
        Seriously?....................................

1. This is not an alt, check my user name history fool.

2. Where not even talking about his resume, where talking about the fight. This has nothing to do with racism or saying Blacks > White or I'm sure 10x brighter guys then yourself like Poet, Irondan, and Jab would have said something by now.

It's the significance of the win because it was in the 1910's where whites and blacks were at war on their own home turf and white people never thought in a million years one of their great champions could lose to a black fighter. It's fact, no racism involved.

Please provide something useful or GTFO and stop trollin'. Not everything has to do with race or be racist scumbag like yourself always believes.
        I figured that dp**** troll's post would be deleted :chuckle9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Max Schmeling wasn't a Nazi as far as I'm aware.
          they used him as a propaganda tool but he wasn't in the least bit political

he was so recognizably not a nazi that he came stateside for a tenure as a CocaCola executive in the 50's

Comment

Oh yeah and I don't know if everybody knows I ain't asking whats the biggest fight or whatever, I'm talking the most significant to boxing history. What fight did the most for the sport.

Comment

Im pretty sure Schmeling hid Jews in his home during WWII but im not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza
                TS is a known white hater, his post reeks of hatred against whites. You honestly think every single white person in 1910 living in America thought they were superior to jack johnson?

It did nothing for the sport other than proving a heavyweight can beat an old 5'10 man that would fight at JMW today
                hahaha what? Because I don't particularly like Joe Calzaghe makes me a racist? Even though your the one running around "People can't accept the fact Joe Calzgahe(a white man) beat Hopkins, the black man that could never be beaten by a white man". And even in this post "another black will never win a heavyweight title because of eastern europeans". Like seriously motha****a?

But anyway I love the heat because it'd making the thread go longer making it look pretty for Jabs billy :weed5:

But back on subject, do you even know American history in the early 1900's? Their were several race riots because white people were mad at all the black people and woman getting jobs. That's how it was back in the day, their's no arguing about it. It's fact. George H White was black congressman in north carolina in the late 1800's and resigned because of the racism. Their wasn't another black man in congress for the next 28 years.

Census in 1910
                U.S. population: 93,402,151
                Black population: 9,827,763 (10.7%)
                Of course african americans were treated as inferior because they were severely outnumbered. Jack Johnson was one of the first black Americans if not the first, I'm not sure, to have achieved the greatest success(heavyweight title) in an american sport.

It's not me trying to be pro-black or anything. It's just facts, it was a terrible time in America. What Jack Johnson did was huge. I never said it was a tremendous A level win, this isn't about resume, their's a thread beneath this were you can discuss how you feel about his resume.

Its about how this major win paved the way for other african americans to start succeeding in sports. If you don't like it don't post in here. Nobody else is offended. Pastrano hasn't even showed his face surprisingly haha It was a major win for African Americans, if it leaves a bad taste in your mouth then dodge this thread.

This thread is for discussion, if you don't agree, what do YOU think the most significant fight in boxing history was? I'll be glad to discuss it with ya mane.

Comment

You can't say all whites were racist in 1910. Of course things were different back then and racial tensions were higher than now, but not everybody thought blacks were inferior. You're just taking your blind rage out on all whites because a select few were racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
                    You can't say all whites were racist in 1910. Of course things were different back then and racial tensions were higher than now, but not everybody thought blacks were inferior. You're just taking your blind rage out on all whites because a select few were racist.
                    Who said EVERY single white person was racist? It was just a bad time period and Jack Johnson did something big for his race. I could be black, brown, white, green or yellow and be able to tell you that fool.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                      Im pretty sure Schmeling hid Jews in his home during WWII but im not 100% sure.
                      I'm not sure that has been confirmed.

Schmeling was definetely NOT a nazi and he had a jewish manager as well.

As for the topic I agree that Johnson-Jeffries was the most significant fight. The first fight-of-the-century. Every newspaper in America covered this fight for months. You simply do not see that kind of mainstream coverage today.

The second fight-of-the-century is IMO the only fight that can rival Johnson-Jeffries for significance and that was Frazier-Ali I. First time 2 undefeated fighters who both had a claim to the throne did battle and the fight itself was epic and much, much better than Johnson-Jeffries.

Comment

Working...
                      X