Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McCracken: "The goal is to fight Chavez jr in November" - Complacency?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger goals inspire and offer more motivation. Same reason why Hatton was talking about winning world titles and not just beating Senchenko when he decided on a comeback.

Froch isn't going to overlook him, not after what happened in the first fight. The intended message to Groves is that they're confident of beating him and moving on to Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
      Bigger goals inspire and offer more motivation. Same reason why Hatton was talking about winning world titles and not just beating Senchenko when he decided on a comeback.

Froch isn't going to overlook him, not after what happened in the first fight. The intended message to Groves is that they're confident of beating him and moving on to Vegas.
      I think it's a very bad idea to start looking and planning at/for other fighters when you have a very real and very live threat standing in front of you.

Especially one that's coming off a very good performance against you. I hope Froch's mind is in this, otherwise, he will lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
        Chavez is Froch's farewell fight tbh. He deserves a big night in Vegas after all he has given the fans, it'll be a war and as people have stated, it'll happen unless he gets brutally knocked out.
        I heard Froch an interview yesterday saying he might be fighting when he's 45 as long as he feels good.

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        If Froch beats Groves, he should go for the LHW title before Ward does
        Froch said he isn't moving up.

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I think it's a very bad idea to start looking and planning at/for other fighters when you have a very real and very live threat standing in front of you.

Especially one that's coming off a very good performance against you. I hope Froch's mind is in this, otherwise, he will lose.
        Chavez might fight someone else anyway. Ward/HBO will push to get that fight.

Comment

Working...
        X