Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROACH: Mayweather won't last as long as Cotto! (ESPN's Dan Rafael Interview)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
    Roach knows better. But he is doing his job and I can't knock him for that.

But in reality, Manny will NEVER hit Floyd has much as he hit Cotto. When Cotto boxed and used his jab and moved, Manny had no answer. When he fought the fight in the middle of the ring he made a mistake and Manny capitalized..BIG TIME.

As we know Floyd and Cotto are not the same kind of fighter which makes this fight all the more intriguing.
    we know Floyd can outbox Manny that does'nt take a genius to figure that out. WTF happens if Manny gets to Floyd and hurts him? WTF has Floyd done in his career to prepare him for that? Floyd can only box he can't fight. Floyds the better boxer Pac is the better fighter. Manny is a natural fighter Floyd learnt how to box.

Comment

• the thing most people dont get is that the last 3 or 4 opponets pacquiao fought were mentally destroyed in previous fights,with floyd hes gonna get a A1 fighter.

Comment

• FLoyd is going to destroy pac

Comment

• pbf wins all day long in a close fight

Comment

• Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
            we know Floyd can outbox Manny that does'nt take a genius to figure that out. WTF happens if Manny gets to Floyd and hurts him? WTF has Floyd done in his career to prepare him for that? Floyd can only box he can't fight. Floyds the better boxer Pac is the better fighter. Manny is a natural fighter Floyd learnt how to box.
            That is the most ridiculous thing I have heard on this board in a long time.

Mayweather will probably weigh 154 lbs that night to Manny's 147'lbs and Mayweather will still be the faster fighter. He is taller 5'8 Manny 5'6 ..longer reach 72'inch and Manny 67'inch.

Have people not thought about this.

Comment

• The fact is no matter how much defense you have you can't block 5 punch combos all night long. You block 3 out of the 5 and still 2 tag you flush. Pac does not have a traditional boxers stance and his punches do not come from "familiar" angles so they get through. Pac liked Cotto and DLH so he took it easy on them. The more Floyd runs his mouth, the worse it will be for him in the ring. Floyd will quit on his stool before 8 rds.

Comment

• they should make a 40 40 deal with the winner taking in the remaining 20, that way we would get a hell of a fight.

Comment

• This is the reason why i don't want mayweather to fight pacman if its not 65-35 in favor of him. Pacman is just too much of a threat for him now. Mayweather should just go on the winner of mosley/berto.

Comment

• Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
                    Roach knows better. But he is doing his job and I can't knock him for that.

But in reality, Manny will NEVER hit Floyd has much as he hit Cotto. When Cotto boxed and used his jab and moved, Manny had no answer. When he fought the fight in the middle of the ring he made a mistake and Manny capitalized..BIG TIME.

As we know Floyd and Cotto are not the same kind of fighter which makes this fight all the more intriguing.
                    When he fought Cotto they trained to adapt Cotto's style and used sparring partners that emulate Cotto's style. But if Pac fights Floyd as Roach said, "We'll have a change in sparring partners and style because Mayweather is so different than our last four opponents [Cotto, Ricky Hatton, De La Hoya and David Diaz]. We have to study him really hard. But I know Mayweather really well. I just need Manny to see what I see."

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      The fact is no matter how much defense you have you can't block 5 punch combos all night long. You block 3 out of the 5 and still 2 tag you flush. Pac does not have a traditional boxers stance and his punches do not come from "familiar" angles so they get through. Pac liked Cotto and DLH so he took it easy on them. The more Floyd runs his mouth, the worse it will be for him in the ring. Floyd will quit on his stool before 8 rds.
                      And you are not going to throw 5 punch combos all night long while at least 4 of them are getting blocked and you continue to eat counters to the face. There are 2 sides to a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X