Collapse
No announcement yet.

N0Explode and other Pre-Workout Boosts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you'd be better off getting arginine and caffiene or guarano. however i would recommend not consuming anything slated as an "N.O." product. i believe someone above mentioned not using it before cardio and i would strongly agree with them.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer Q21 View Post
      do your research your an idiot, have you ever tried it?
      LOL, another genius contributing to the n.o scam.

Comment

Originally posted by I3C727 View Post
        like i said do your research, you havent have you? Have you ever heard of the word placebo?

Research? No, never. I like to just put any substance into my body without first looking at what it is.

I work at a store where I get all this **** free, so I try different stuff out and see how it works. Every time I take something I fully expect to feel absolutely nothing, that way if I DO feel a difference (which is rare) I know the stuff works. I know NO Xplode works, as do all the guys I train with. But, like I said, I wouldn't take it for boxing, only in weight lifting if you really find you need an extra boost.

Comment

LOL, another genius contributing to the n.o scam.
          wtf are you talking about, do you seriously think its a placebo

Comment

Originally posted by YoungMoney17 View Post
            whats your body stats? height, weight, body fat? Do you fight or do you just box?
            i am 6'2, and 185 pounds though my first (and so far, only) fight was at light heavy. In january, I lost a close one on the cards that I thought I won. I have about 5-6% body fat at this time.

I have been as low as 169 in the past 6 months with 3% body fat, but since I am not fighting again until after this year's gloves (getting ready for 2009 season and 2010 novice gloves), i have entered a basic strength/hypertrophy weight training phase and cut my cardio down to twice a week for now. I have been able to put on some muscle mass as a result.

Do your research, no xplode doesnt help you at all.
            research shows that some of the ingredients in many popular N0 shakes definitely can enhance performance, such as creatine and caffeine. From what I remember, the NSCA (national strength and conditioning association) does not mention the direct effects of N0 (nitric oxide), itself, on the body in terms of power production, strength gains, etc. From what I have read, N0 is mainly a vasculature enhancer, increasing vein size to facilitate blood flow and therefore oxygen transmission to the muscles.

I am interested in personal opinions on the matter, so thanks to everyone who responded with their personal experiences and keep em coming. Anyone who cares to post some links to research validating or refuting N0 preworkout shakes as valid performance enhancers, please do so and thanks in advance for the info!

Comment

http://www.staleytraining.com/articl...d-response.htm

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for the article. Any more on tap? Truly is hard to find reliable data on N0. Not a lot of research out there, or perhaps Staley is right, and the research is just being suppressed by the supplement business. I work at a gym in addition to training at a boxing gym and soooo many people use N0.

Just to clarify though, just because there is no research supporting N0's use, it doesnt necessarily mean that it does not work. There is also no research refuting its benefits. Another interesting point is that there is no research on the positive effects of HGH in athletes as an effective ergogenic aid, yet it is widely used by athlete's (illegally) to enhance performance. Just ask A-Rod. All the research on HGH has been on people that need it for medical reasons, though it is fair to extrapolate that from that research, it may work better for athlete's that incorporate resistance training in their exercise regiments. So until there is research to refute or confirm its benefits, we cannot just rely on one nsca-certified trainer's article to give us the final answer.

I'm also not sure about Staley's view that vein size signifies increased blood pressure. I have low blood pressure, a very low resting heart rate and am very cardio-efficient in that i can operate at high levels of intensity with a comparatively lower heart rate than most would have at the same exersion leverl, yet my veins look like i am the ultimate warrior (not quite) and thats WITHOUT anabolic steroids, HGH, or N0, lol!

Comment

n.O does work, only a fool would say it doesn't. It gives you more strength and endurance, and just makes you overall feel like working out. It's a waste of money though - but if you got money to waste...

N.O supposedly improves your heart - blood flow.
                  Last edited by them_apples; 02-26-2009, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mspiegelo View Post
                    Interesting. Thanks for the article. Any more on tap? Truly is hard to find reliable data on N0. Not a lot of research out there, or perhaps Staley is right, and the research is just being suppressed by the supplement business. I work at a gym in addition to training at a boxing gym and soooo many people use N0.

Just to clarify though, just because there is no research supporting N0's use, it doesnt necessarily mean that it does not work. There is also no research refuting its benefits. Another interesting point is that there is no research on the positive effects of HGH in athletes as an effective ergogenic aid, yet it is widely used by athlete's (illegally) to enhance performance. Just ask A-Rod. All the research on HGH has been on people that need it for medical reasons, though it is fair to extrapolate that from that research, it may work better for athlete's that incorporate resistance training in their exercise regiments. So until there is research to refute or confirm its benefits, we cannot just rely on one nsca-certified trainer's article to give us the final answer.

I'm also not sure about Staley's view that vein size signifies increased blood pressure. I have low blood pressure, a very low resting heart rate and am very cardio-efficient in that i can operate at high levels of intensity with a comparatively lower heart rate than most would have at the same exersion leverl, yet my veins look like i am the ultimate warrior (not quite) and thats WITHOUT anabolic steroids, HGH, or N0, lol!
                    Yea that is true but i would rather take his word for it. He is very reputable and alot of places wont publish his articles. I couldnt answer why but it just puts more benefit on his research.

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                    n.O does work, only a fool would say it doesn't. It gives you more strength and endurance, and just makes you overall feel like working out. It's a waste of money though - but if you got money to waste...

N.O supposedly improves your heart - blood flow.
                    your dumb.

Comment

I just donīt think the benefits would be worth the money. A banana here costs me 5 cents and it does the job perfectly. I take creatine, I believe it benefits me but I cannot say for sure if it is something that is beneficial for boxing or not I am still undecided on that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X