Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman Eyes Danny Garcia: I'm Taking Over, Cleaning Out 147!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter is a step in the right direction but i do think Thurman is the best 147 fighter

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Yeah end it now. Before you know, you actually have to answer that question.
      Sorry i'm not the naive "boxing fan" who throughout Mosley as a trump card and conveniently left out the full story...that would be you kiddo but nice try. Now scram.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        Sorry i'm not the naive "boxing fan" who throughout Mosley as a trump card and conveniently left out the full story...that would be you kiddo but nice try. Now scram.
        I gave you several examples of champions who moved up into title shots. Happens all the time. All the time in many divisions.

Then-IBF MW champ Roy Jones moved up and fought Merqui Sosa at 168 before getting a title shot against Toney. Jones was considered a great talent but his resume up to that point wasn't overly impressive.

Oscar De La Hoya did it multiple times in his career.

I cited Shane Mosley but since he fought Oscar in the amateurs, it's not the same lol. He too didn't have an overly impressive resume before that.

Ricky Hatton who moved up to face Luis Collazo.

Timothy Bradley fought Joel Casamayor and then Pacquiao.

And now Danny Garcia. Let's face it, you have an excuse for every example but somehow with Danny it's a grave injustice. Either you just refuse to admit you're wrong or have some silly bias against him. Which is it?

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          That is why I don't give Khan a chance against him. It is the same distance that he fights in and is going to get countered again
          I don't like Khan because of his IQ, but WBC ordered that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Danny is a strong mid range hooker; in the rest, he clinches...
            A guy who is denying him that mid range, who has an educated jab, good speed and stays in the distance beats him easily...
            You make some good points. I just think it would be a tough fight for both guys.

Comment

As a fan of One Time, why don't you worry about getting in the ring with Porter before talking Danny Garcia doe??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                As a fan of One Time, why don't you worry about getting in the ring with Porter before talking Danny Garcia doe??
                In Keith's defense, he said this in January. And possibly before. When the fight with Porter was just being finalized. But, I get your point. Now, if he was saying this today.....

Comment

Working...
                X