Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik Scott is an underdog for Chisora...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot depends on what chisora turns up ... if its the helenius,vitali, haye version he'll be hard to beat. As we know he's got a great chin and being in the UK Scott will have to very clearly win the rounds, not just edge them.

if however it's the fury version of chisora or the useless lump that turned up in his last fight well it will be an easy night for Scott

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Its a fight though and I feel a bit harsh saying it as I like Chisora but its a fight I feel will be one-sided personally I feel it would be hard to rob him but after seeing the Abril vs Rios decision I guess nothing in boxing surprises me much anymore.
      Scott has been in with who though? Chisora has gone 12 with Vitali, Helenius, Fury and 6 with Haye and had him gassing. Those are 4 top ten heavies.

We'll see I guess, but I'll not be writing Chisora off.

Comment

I think Chisora's biggest problem will be Scotts movement. Against Haye i thought Chisora struggled massively to set up his offence against a mobile opponent (unlike the version of Klit that he fought and Helenius). If he's in as good a shape as he looks then maybe he can trap Scott on the ropes and at the very least outwork him even if he doesnt out land him which would probably be enoughin the UK to get the nod.

I definitely wouldnt say Chisora has no chance, but based on what i can see from both fighters i'd say he's the underdog.

Comment

People get way too carried away here with Malik Scott. He doesn't impress me much and in his last fight he nearly stunk up the joint with his safety first non-engaging style. Scott is in great shape, has good reach and height but for some reason he's unwilling to press his offense and sit down on his punches.

I hope he realizes this, because he's not gonna get any favors fighting the hometown fighter. When Chisora is on his game he's a poor man's version of Joe Frasier and he'll get the eyes of the judges with his come forward pressing style whether he's landing cleanly or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            People get way too carried away here with Malik Scott. He doesn't impress me much and in his last fight he nearly stunk up the joint with his safety first non-engaging style. Scott is in great shape, has good reach and height but for some reason he's unwilling to press his offense and sit down on his punches.

I hope he realizes this, because he's not gonna get any favors fighting the hometown fighter. When Chisora is on his game he's a poor man's version of Joe Frasier and he'll get the eyes of the judges with his come forward pressing style whether he's landing cleanly or not.
            yeah in your home town, four or five glancing blows, a few more taken on arms and gloves coupled with having his man on the back foot all night will get Chisora the nod over a bit of slick movement and the odd clean shot from the traveling fighter. Scott will need to make damn sure of winning the rounds - thinking he is edging them by landing one or two clean shots to chisora's mauling, multiple shots (whatever the quality) and constant pressure won't cut the mustard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Scott has been in with who though? Chisora has gone 12 with Vitali, Helenius, Fury and 6 with Haye and had him gassing. Those are 4 top ten heavies.

We'll see I guess, but I'll not be writing Chisora off.

Delboys definitely been in with the far better competition though I don't feel he fared too well except against Helenius and put in a good effort against old Vitali.
              Tupou & Glazkov being the only real notables on Scotts resume.

I feel Scott is too fast, experienced and technically sound. I can't see Chisora really getting inside to work away and even then I'd say Scott was far better inside. A part of would love for Chisora to come in, in shape, prove me wrong and get back in the mix but I have to keep it real and I see noway Chisora wins this fight outside a shockingly bad robbery.
              When I look at them I don't even see a thing Chisora does as well, I don't even think he hits as hard (neither are exactly punchers) I can't even really say he has the better chin as Scotts never been down though its probably the more proven.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                yeah in your home town, four or five glancing blows, a few more taken on arms and gloves coupled with having his man on the back foot all night will get Chisora the nod over a bit of slick movement and the odd clean shot from the traveling fighter. Scott will need to make damn sure of winning the rounds - thinking he is edging them by landing one or two clean shots to chisora's mauling, multiple shots (whatever the quality) and constant pressure won't cut the mustard.
                Scott needs to press the action more and commit to his punches i.e. he's got to throw his punches with bad intentions and throw a lot of 'em - it's as simple as that. During the Glazkov fight, he was landing cleanly and, I thought, had he pressed the fight just a little harder he could've easily gotten the stoppage. He's got the physical tools and boxing skills but I'm not sure he has the mental fortitude.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

Good post. He has an awkward amateur style. I wish he would sit down on his shots more and hes always lacked killer instinct in my eyes.
                  Hes got a beautiful jab but he relies it on it so much.
                  Very skilled & fluid for a big lump I can not deny his skills but his negativity and constant jabbing does get painful to watch at times

Hopefully the draw with Glazkov served as a wake up call he'll fight more positively

Comment

It's a fight of "if's".

If Scott can use his jab & movement to keep Chisora off him then he wins.

If Chisora can get inside & chop at the body then head can win.

I'd have them pretty much even though. All depends on their fitness levels.

Comment

Chisora trains and fights to the level of his opposition. The fact that he's already looking in very good shape bodes well for how seriously he's taking Malik Scott.

Comment

Working...
                      X