Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shawn Porter comes out of hiding, gained weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Porter comes out of hiding, gained weight?

Dude looks kind of fat.

What do you think?

Maybe it's just the large t shirt.

Oddly, nothing was mentioned about his fight with Brook. Why?

Comment

Who was he hiding from?

Comment

Well Porter is huge at WW, he apparently walks around at 175+. He used to walk around at 185+ according to Rashad Holloway.

He's expecting a December return. Looking forward to it, I think people have wrongly written him off after the Brook loss, he's still a top WW.

Comment

Why do you people care so much about Boxers' weight? It's getting too ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Project View Post
            This

And as far as "coming out of hiding "

The guy was on thaboxingvoice radio show and gave an interview
            And his father answered fans calls

That's the opposite of being in hiding

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              This

And as far as "coming out of hiding "

The guy was on thaboxingvoice radio show and gave an interview
              And his father answered fans calls

That's the opposite of being in hiding

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Project View Post
                It is odd but a the same time understandable. In the sport weight is a huge factor. If a man is killing himself to make certain weight divisions in order to gain a size advantage, generally it's not accepted too well. Boxing is a dangerous sport as it stands, having men force their bodies onto divisions where other fighters are naturally there is somewhat of an unfair advantage. For instance, Broner at 130. He was such a massive Super Featherweight he easily cruised through competition looking spectacular and unstoppable, as soon as he filled in to a more adequate weight class for his body frame he didn't look as spectacular. It's not **** at all, it's part of the sport IMO. Plus, forcing the body down so far can also have negative effects on the fighter himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
                  It is odd but a the same time understandable. In the sport weight is a huge factor. If a man is killing himself to make certain weight divisions in order to gain a size advantage, generally it's not accepted too well. Boxing is a dangerous sport as it stands, having men force their bodies onto divisions where other fighters are naturally there is somewhat of an unfair advantage. For instance, Broner at 130. He was such a massive Super Featherweight he easily cruised through competition looking spectacular and unstoppable, as soon as he filled in to a more adequate weight class for his body frame he didn't look as spectacular. It's not **** at all, it's part of the sport IMO. Plus, forcing the body down so far can also have negative effects on the fighter himself.
                  I wasn't looking from that perspective. I thought posters were overreacting like with Khan (a natural welter) in his latest picture.

Comment

Yeah I saw this. My wife told me she interviewed Porter when she got home last night. I guess she's just getting around to posting it now.

Comment

Working...
                    X