Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adamek-Cunningham II gets rating of 3.2 million on NBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How embarrassing for boxing. Over 3 million tune in to see an absolute fraud get handed a joke result.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      Not only did they witness a horrible decision, but they announcedthe draw then changed the score. I had a few friends start watching the fight and they were loving it till then.

Of course they started immediately in with "this is why boxing is no longer popular" song. Pathetic.

I got robbed out of nice dough too, i had uss by decision.
      Exactly what everyone in my house said. I had to talk the fight up to get them to watch too.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Mayweather-Cotto was probably one of the more anticipated fights on PPV in awhile though, at least the last couple years.

But yeah that's 1.5 million households that bought the fight, but how many of those were parties with several people watching??? Probably a bunch. I don't know if he'd do 100+ million, what the Super Bowl gets. But I can say 100% without a doubt he'd get over 50 million views. Mayweather-Pacquiao would have done Super Bowl numbers.
        2009...only on ABC...ridiculous numbers...that might've done World Cup numbers globally even. The one thing we all wanted and were all denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
          that is true but they also witnessed a great fight but the wrong mans hand raised is no good. i would have been fine with the scoring being a draw but Adamek did not win that fight.

I just really want to see boxing stay on network tv this premium cable stuff paying every month and it is not good for the sport bc audience is limited.
          I was watching the fight with my dad, he does not throw around the word robbery as lightly as we do on here. Actually fights that hardcore fans might see as robberies, he sees as close or "Could have gone either way".

So the fight ended and my pops was sure that Cunningham will get it, he thought he dominated. Me witnessing many robberies, almost being second nature, I told him Cunningham won but he's gonna get robbed. He said there's no way, they can't take that fight away from him, he clearly won. So they gave the fight a Draw and my pop couldn't believe it, he was upset, he went to get a drink. While he was getting a drink Adamek got the decision. He came back and saw that, he couldn't do anything but laugh. That is what the sport of boxing is, it's a laughable sport. It's a circus and that is why it isn't taken that seriously by sports news outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            um... what? Im not sure your talking about the right fight.
            I know, I know, my bad....knocking your opponent 3 times, on three different rounds cant make up for such a Mayweatheresque domination Cunningham dished out.

USS really made it look like Mayweather/Gatti if you remove the 3 knockdowns. I agree theres no way that fight couldn't have been an Adamek's win or a draw, nevermind the fact that the judges scored 3 of the rounds 10-8 for Adamek, it just doesnt make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by VapeRippa View Post
              I know, I know, my bad....knocking your opponent 3 times, on three different rounds cant make up for such a Mayweatheresque domination Cunningham dished out.

USS really made it look like Mayweather/Gatti if you remove the 3 knockdowns. I agree theres no way that fight couldn't have been an Adamek's win or a draw, nevermind the fact that the judges scored 3 of the rounds 10-8 for Adamek, it just doesnt make sense.

no seriously, youre talking about a different fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                2009...only on ABC...ridiculous numbers...that might've done World Cup numbers globally even. The one thing we all wanted and were all denied.
                Nothing's been denied by Pac losing. Superfights have never been stopped just because one guy lost. When you get to the level of Pac and May they become a brand in themselves so people come just to see the brand no matter what. Put two brands in the same fight and you automatically double the interest for that fight. Mayweather and Pac will always be a potential super fight just because of who they are.

Also, Wlad vs Haye pulled world cup numbers globally.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I was watching the fight with my dad, he does not throw around the word robbery as lightly as we do on here. Actually fights that hardcore fans might see as robberies, he sees as close or "Could have gone either way".

So the fight ended and my pops was sure that Cunningham will get it, he thought he dominated. Me witnessing many robberies, almost being second nature, I told him Cunningham won but he's gonna get robbed. He said there's no way, they can't take that fight away from him, he clearly won. So they gave the fight a Draw and my pop couldn't believe it, he was upset, he went to get a drink. While he was getting a drink Adamek got the decision. He came back and saw that, he couldn't do anything but laugh. That is what the sport of boxing is, it's a laughable sport. It's a circus and that is why it isn't taken that seriously by sports news outlets.
                  Exactly. My Dad hates Boxing, absolutely despises it. He tries to watch matches with me from time to time, but he hates it. A few years back, I was watching Alexander-Kotelnik at my folks' house, and he came in and sat down. He watched the whole fight, and afterwords said "They're going to rob the Russian guy, aren't they?" I said "No way."

After the decision was read, I was heated. My Dad laughed at me and said "****ing Boxing. It's the same thing it was 50 years ago, a joke. Watch a real sport, kid."

Comment

I just don't see how Floyd-Pac could ever be hyped again. The only way it really could is if Floyd continued winning in 2013, which could very well happen for sure, and than if Manny avenged his KO loss to Marquez, and got another decent win in 2013. Than, perhaps it could happen and the fight will be thought of as a big fight again. But right now....I don't see it, not with Manny coming off getting knocked out cold.

Comment

Very impressive..... All things considered

Comment

Working...
                      X