50Cent talks about d future of SMS; y Floyd won't fight Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
    [/b]

i laughed my a$$ off at the Gamboa incident. 50 shells out $1.2 million to Top Rank for Yuri, then turns around and lets TR put Gamboa on the undercard of Pac-JMM 4 (lol) against a Filipino nobody, just to please the Filipino audience. I mean, damn, way to phucking throw your money away.
    yeah, fiddy is an idiot businesman... i guess that's why he's rich

Comment

Floyd comments aside, 50 Cent sounds naive when it comes to promoting fighters (if he actually means what he says).

One wrong opponent selection, and a potentially great young fighter could be physically ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Floyd comments aside, 50 Cent sounds naive when it comes to promoting fighters (if he actually means what he says).

One wrong opponent selection, and a potentially great young fighter could be physically ruined.
        great fighters don't need to be protected... only cashcows do

Comment

"If he can iron out the details and get the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight done, that's going to be nearly as impressive a feat as selling $177,000 worth of headphones in nine minutes."

so according to Kevin Iole, selling a bunch of headphones is more impressive than putting together the richest fight in boxing history. The fight that's pretty much impossible to make. Damn.

Comment

I have big hopes for SMS. 50 Cent knows how business works, that's why his net worth storms over Floyd's.

Comment

It appears to be obvious Floyd don't want to have a split with Pac. That fight could make 200 Mil World Wide for sure. How many countries will PPV it...

Comment

50 talks a good game, And i hope he really does help push boxing forward and get opportunities to work with other promoters, The problem is he might not get that chance with other promoters which is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                  i laughed my a$$ off at the Gamboa incident. 50 shells out $1.2 million to Top Rank for Yuri, then turns around and lets TR put Gamboa on the undercard of Pac-JMM 4 (lol) against a Filipino nobody, just to please the Filipino audience. I mean, damn, way to phucking throw your money away.
                  50 cent should be commended for taking risk and saving Gamboa's career. Floyd was Gamboa's idol. He left TR to be with his idol. Unfortunately, Floyd just ignored him and let him rot and treat him like another one of his worshipers.

Now Gamboa gets the chance to showcase his talent and become part of the biggest fight of this year. Thanks to 50.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLaFishnets View Post
                    "If he can iron out the details and get the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight done, that's going to be nearly as impressive a feat as selling $177,000 worth of headphones in nine minutes."

so according to Kevin Iole, selling a bunch of headphones is more impressive than putting together the richest fight in boxing history. The fight that's pretty much impossible to make. Damn.
                    It's sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLaFishnets View Post

$177k for 8 min's of work is pretty damn impressive, only people who don't know the value of money would stupid **** like you just did.

Comment

Working...
                      X