Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scott Harrison licence bid is rejected...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Harrison licence bid is rejected...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxi...ce=twitterfeed

Former world featherweight champion Scott Harrison's bid to return to boxing has been rejected.

The British Boxing Board of Control met on Wednesday to consider the 34-year-old's Scot's application to win back his licence.

But BBC Scotland understands that it did not receive relevant paperwork.

The BBBC is refusing to comment about its decision on the boxer, who is back in training after a spell in jail in Spain.

In April 2009, Harrison was sentenced to two-and-a-half years in prison after being found guilty of attempting to steal a car and assaulting two men in the vehicle as well as a policeman in October 2006.

The Glaswegian beat Victor Santiago to become WBO featherweight champion in 2002, lost it in 2003 to Manuel Medina but regained it from the same opponent later that year.

However, after pulling out of a title defence in May 2006, he checked into the Priory Clinic in London citing problems with depression and alcohol.

He was later stripped of his WBO title and his licence to box - and declared bankrupt.

Harrison failed with a previous attempt to regain his licence in 2008.

Not surprised. Save himself from getting his azz whooped in there. He's done.

Comment

I'd like to see him with his license back. Boxing might help sort out his crazy life and give him some focus.

From all accounts he has got himself into good shape since prison, I'd like to know the true reason why he isn't being granted a license.

Comment

I would imagine he is still taking anti-depressants which could be the reason he why it was turned down.

Comment

Working...
        X