• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
    Jack vs Degale

Bute-Medina

Make it happen
    Why ? Give him Ramirez instead, he deserved it ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      One of the judges (an 80 year old man who subsequently retired) had Thompson v Ortiz a draw.

Lol, I wasnt aware of this, jesus boxing is corrupt as fuk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
        Jack vs Degale

Bute-Medina

Make it happen

Good card....

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Bute really is a good fighter, a tricky skilled operator.

I expected him to give Degale and Jack problems. But I did feel he lost both fights but he gave a great account of himself in both.

Still only Froch to this day who's destroyed him.

Not elite but he definitely isn't as bad as he was/is made out to be. Even now at 36 he is giving hell to the current best SMWs.

Froch bludgeoning him like that is impressive. He beat him from pillar to post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Be reasonable, as bad as that may have been, the draw far far more odious.
            What I meant is that he stated he dominated, which is completely false ... I had 5 rounds for Bute... 3 clear rounds and two contested rounds... So 115 -113, far from "I clearly won" ... Two judges gave Bute another round... One little round ... Jack didn't do enough and gassed out after round 8... What else is there to say ?

Comment

• Froch must punch like a freight train

- seeing Bute take all these punches in the last three fights he appears tougher than given credit for. The Pascal fight he was still timid, yes, but ever since he's pretty much back as a regular fighter even though he's coming up short. I suppose he's more of a gatekeeper now, or maybe that is how you felt about him the whole time, but looks like one has to be pretty good and experienced to beat him.

Jack- his balance is nice, I know the rap on him is that he's solid all around but not great in one area but maybe it's his balance that is better than some others and it brings it altogether. Paulie made a similar point when he mentioned his posture and slight movement etc. I like any fighter who will commit to the body like Jack does so he's grown on me.

Scorecard-I had 116-112. With one round I mayybe could have given to Bute bring it to 115-113. Jack's body work was too consistent for me to do that, but I could see someone having 115-113. No way for 114-114
              Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 05-01-2016, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                Froch must punch like a freight train

- seeing Bute take all these punches in the last three fights he appears tougher than given credit for. The Pascal fight he was still timid, yes, but ever since he's pretty much back as a regular fighter even though he's coming up short. I suppose he's more of a gatekeeper now, or maybe that is how you felt about him the whole time, but looks like one has to be pretty good and experienced to beat him.

Jack- his balance is nice, I know the wrap on him is that he's solid all around but not great in one area but maybe it's his balance that is better than some others and it brings it altogether. Paulie made a similar point when he mentioned his posture and slight movement etc. I like any fighter who will commit to the body like Jack does so he's grown on me.

Scorecard-I had 116-112. With one round I mayybe could have given to Bute bring it to 115-113. Jack's body work was too consistent for me to do that, but I could see someone having 115-113. No way for 114-114
                Care to comment on the 117 - 111 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                  Froch must punch like a freight train

Jack- his balance is nice, I know the wrap on him is that he's solid all around but not great in one area but maybe it's his balance that is better than some others and it brings it altogether. Paulie made a similar point when he mentioned his posture and slight movement etc. I like any fighter who will commit to the body like Jack does so he's grown on me.

I like Badou Jack's balance too. He certainly won this fight,

Comment

• Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                    What I meant is that he stated he dominated, which is completely false ... I had 5 rounds for Bute... 3 clear rounds and two contested rounds... So 115 -113, far from "I clearly won" ... Two judges gave Bute another round... One little round ... Jack didn't do enough and gassed out after round 8... What else is there to say ?
                    You just explained it. You had 3 clear rounds for Bute. It's easier to get to117-111 than it is to get to 114-114. There just weren't enough rounds to give Bute a draw. Though, both are bad scores and these judges need reeducation.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      The benefit of this draw is that Zurdo will probably not be dropped to #3 by The Ring, so Jack/DeGale winner would likely need to beat Zurdo to get their recognition as lineal champ.

EDIT: Apparently Zurdo is already #3, was not aware of that.
                      Yeah he's #3 by the rimg , but they should switch him and Badou. Everyone else has Zardo at #2.

Comment

Working...
                      X