Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Mayweather lost weight between the weigh in an the fight night in Canelo fight...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxi makes a thread saying weights from Showtime and HBO shouldn't be believed, but he's one of the people that uses them to argue Canelo is bigger than Golovkin on fight night.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      It's pretty common knowledge that Mayweather doesn't go on the scales again so I'm curious where those fight night weights have come from.
      They come from the scales. Tv networks only show your weight if you go on their scales, if not they put a question mark next to where your fight night weight supposed to be at.

The common knowledge you speak of is misinformation distributed by the millions of Floyd detractors out there. Those pictures were used in a thread to dispell the sinister propaganda and the guy who made this thread is attempting to do damage control.

Floyd always gave his fight night weight before he fought Dela Hoya, and afterwards he didn't allow himself to be weighed on some fights, but he also notably did on others like the Ortiz, Canelo, and Maidana fights.

He didn't allow neither showtime nor hbo to weigh him for the fight against Pac but nsac did weigh him, and they had his weight at 149lbs on their documents, which is consistent with his recent weight of 148lbs according to showtime scales on the fight night of Maidana 2, just seven months before he fought Pac.

That common knowledge you speak of is a hyperbole used by haters to discredit Floyd's achievements. They only focus on the times he didn't give weight, and then make it seem like he never did for any of his fights.

Now that they been exposed, they trying to make it as if he lies about his fight night weight, excepts it's not even about lying or not because networks don't take your word for it, they actually weigh you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        Thread itself is disputing two fight night weights that are three years apart that were SHOWN, yet you come here and claim he never shows his fight night weight? SMH
        The fights in which he refused his in ring weights he appeared his biggest, vs jmm, chino 2, and pacquiao, as a die hard Floyd fan who ever believes his in ring weight is a fool, compare his pre retirement in ring 150 body around odh, to his last few fights, he had a visible 7-10 pounds of rock solid muscle...Also ring weights happen on the morning of fights, significant weight can be gained in the mean time not to mention at all as most ring weights are rounded down as there are more rehydration clauses/governing body rehydration limits than people believe with the top names

SN: WWE scales had him at 158, and he admitted having to lose weight post prison as he got up to around 163,that interview seems to erased from history though...We can't believe post training weights for Floyd as he trains maniacally, he probably loses 5-8 every session exactly why he gorges big macs and such, or why he may need a IV in the biggest fight of his career
        Last edited by sbbigmike; 04-28-2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          Alvarez is about 165 30 days out, and we all know he shows up in the ring at around 174 lbs.
          Alvarez actually did that once recently. He comes in higher than that all other times. I'm pretty sure he was trying to prove a point there. And can you show an instance where Canelo came in at 174lbs?

Mayweather does it all the time. Not just once to prove some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Maxi makes a thread saying weights from Showtime and HBO shouldn't be believed, but he's one of the people that uses them to argue Canelo is bigger than Golovkin on fight night.
            Maxi is anti-Ward/Mayweather and any fighters of that ilk.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSSD View Post
              so u're saying after the weigh in, floyd starve himself and didnt eat anything which is why he lost weight on the actual night? lol.
              He wouldn't have to starve himself, where do you get that ridiculous notion? Weight fluctuates throughout the day. I can't remember which fight it was where Mayweather said he woke up weighing 146, I know it was a LMW fight, it's actually common to drop 2-4 pounds in the morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                He wouldn't have to starve himself, where do you get that ridiculous notion? Weight fluctuates throughout the day. I can't remember which fight it was where Mayweather said he woke up weighing 146, I know it was a LMW fight, it's actually common to drop 2-4 pounds in the morning.
                the starving part was use to make it seem more extreme but u get what i was trying to say. so after the weight in, floyd didnt eat or even drink some water at all or what?

Comment

the starving part was use to make it seem more extreme but u get what i was trying to say. so after the weight in, floyd didnt eat or even drink some water at all or what?
                  Something as simple as eating less salt from one day to the next can make you lose lbs in weight.

Comment

Of course he does, don't even understand that question really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                      Of course he does, don't even understand that question really.
                      Well if that's the case how is his fight night weight lower than his weigh in ?

Comment

Working...
                      X