No announcement yet.

short-sightedness & boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• short-sightedness & boxing

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyway.....

I have quite severe short-sighted-ness (-8.5 & -9.0)
    so basically I can't see without my glassess (everything is a blur, unless it is less than 10cm in front of me) I wear contact lenses when I train.
    I haven't done any sparring yet (I just started boxing a month ago)

I am also thinking about doing LASIK (or other sight corrective surgery) in the near future, just for everyday convenience.

anyway, is it possible that I can join amateur boxing competition (in UK btw)??

Careful with the contacts on if you spar, the first time I ever fought with gloves on my contacts flew out my eye and made me dizzy as hell.

Comment

thanks for the advice, how about competition though?
      because the main reason I want to do boxing is just to join an amateur competition

Comment

Originally posted by hugok View Post
        thanks for the advice, how about competition though?
        because the main reason I want to do boxing is just to join an amateur competition
        You know you might just want to get in the ring despite the bluriness.. it might be safer for your eyes. Although I have heard some have sparred with them on, its a bit risky if they move around. So the story varies really, they either stay or don't. A good tip would be to keep them lubricated if you do spar with them on.

I hear LASIK is good, but a tad pricey. You might just want to try sparring without your lenses in. People in front me of would be a blur as well but you gotta work with what you got I guess.
        Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 06-29-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X