Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I make a scene or chill the **** out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    Mutual indeed!!!!

That specific topic is to be handled, like you stated, by the parents, not some nitwit teacher, who evidently doesn't know how to plan a curriculum for elementary school aged kids.
    Allow me to play devil's advocate here (a new role for me, right?)

If parents were so great with tackling such subjects with their children then maybe Amanda Todd would still be alive today. Or all the kids at Columbine.

#startin****

Comment

Mutual indeed!!!!

That specific topic is to be handled, like you stated, by the parents, not some nitwit teacher, who evidently doesn't know how to plan a curriculum for elementary school aged kids.
      Its a catholic school, they can do whatever da fcuk they want. I mean their main premise is forcing religion on those poor kids which is basically telling them everything is a sin and if they do it they're going to hell

Comment

break their hearths...

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
          Commit Suicide in front of the teacher to prove your point.
          lol this cracked me up

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Its a catholic school, they can do whatever da fcuk they want. I mean their main premise is forcing religion on those poor kids which is basically telling them everything is a sin and if they do it they're going to hell
            I don't think Catholic school bylaws or any school for that matter, allows them to do whatever the **** they want with peoples kids.
            Certainly some permissions are required with quite a few restrictions ..... I do know that suicide prevention is part of the Catholic agenda .... just not that young.

From what I've found on the net .... the age is from 10 - 19 with explicit permissions being required "Parents need to be informed and actively involved in decisions regarding their child’s welfare".

Parents have a prominent and influential role to play in Catholic education. They are recognized as the primary educators of children. The Catholic school welcomes parents and engages in meaningful dialogue with them throughout their child’s time at school.

http://catholiceducation-ni.com
            Last edited by arraamis; 10-24-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by badblood View Post
              Commit Suicide in front of the teacher to prove your point.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Allow me to play devil's advocate here (a new role for me, right?)

If parents were so great with tackling such subjects with their children then maybe Amanda Todd would still be alive today. Or all the kids at Columbine.

#startin****
                That same advocacy can be adopted to fit just about any so-called fault. As you probably know all too well, parents cannot control what their kids do once they reach a certain age.

Comment

I don't think Catholic school bylaws or any school for that matter, allows them to do whatever the **** they want with peoples kids.
                  Certainly some permissions are required with quite a few restrictions ..... I do know that suicide prevention is part of the Catholic agenda .... just not that young.

From what I've found on the net .... the age is from 10 - 19 with explicit permissions being required "Parents need to be informed and actively involved in decisions regarding their child’s welfare".

Parents have a prominent and influential role to play in Catholic education. They are recognized as the primary educators of children. The Catholic school welcomes parents and engages in meaningful dialogue with them throughout their child’s time at school.

http://catholiceducation-ni.com
                  Nothing i read there said anything about any restrictions teachers have about what they can and cannot teach kids. Just that the school welcomes parents to care about their own children, which is basically an option for the parents to find out

Yea i dont think schools should be teaching kids about such a sensitive topic so early but they shouldnt be "teaching" them a sensitive thing as christianity either
                  Last edited by Russian Crushin; 10-24-2012, 11:24 PM.

Comment

I think a certain respect is due to the school as I'm sure they are being trusted by you to have the best interest in mind for your kid. Go in there discuss it with the teacher in a non confrontational way and I'm sure you to will come to some sort of understanding.

Comment

That same advocacy can be adopted to fit just about any so-called fault. As you probably know all too well, parents cannot control what their kids do once they reach a certain age.
                      I agree.

That's why it's critically important to teach them before they reach that age.

Comment

Working...
                      X