Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather fights Canelo at 154 would it be for the Ring/Lineal Title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Mayweather fights Canelo at 154 would it be for the Ring/Lineal Title?

I think it should. Mayweather is No. 1, Canelo is No. 3. Cotto is No. 2 so that's a moot point. If Mayweather wins, that gives him 4 lineal titles (same as pacman). I think it's a good move for Mayweather, especially if he wants strenghten his historic standing with Pac.

Yup thanks to new Ring Rules. Also the WBC diamond belt and uranium belt and Californium belt

Comment

Canelo is definitely not the best in that division but thanks to the ring changing their rules as they go and being owned by ODLH it will be for the ring belt most likely.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Yup thanks to new Ring Rules. Also the WBC diamond belt and uranium belt and Californium belt
        LOL,
        Yea I know... Screw those alphabet titles though. I think he would be justified in Claiming the lineal title. He would have beaten the no. 2 and no.3 fighters respectively... If he beats Canelo (which I think he should)

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post

Comment

canelo does not belong at 154. hes huge for that weight..
            hes got plenty of challenges at 160..

he should fight cotto and get his ass kicked.. just not sure how much cotto has left in the tank

Comment

Originally posted by GTL View Post

he should fight cotto and get his ass kicked.. just not sure how much cotto has left in the tank
              I predict that before the year 2014 is up, something is gonna happen where it'll be made obvious that he can't make 154 anymore. Either he'll fail to make weight, or he's gonna look drained as hell at 154. It's bullshit when he says that he plans to stay at 154 for a long time, I don't buy it. They're just waiting for that perfect opportunity.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 09-18-2012, 05:45 PM.

Comment

It damn well should be.

Comment

Originally posted by GTL View Post

He does have options: Mayweather, Cotto, JCCjr, Sergio???

Cotto would be a good fight but Cotto would have to use movement like he did against SSM & Margacheato and abandon that predatory bodysnatcher style. That may not work against a heavier, younger, stronger fighter like Canelo.

Comment

yes...................

Comment

Working...
                    X