Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Pacquiao be a hall-of-famer if he never moved up to welterweight and beyond?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
    morales still counts.

he was past it but it still counts. morales was still good enough to beat him the 1st fight. morales was actually winning the 1st half of the 2nd fight until pac wore him down.

gotta remember that an absolutely shot older morales took maidana and garcia to the scorecards 6 years later at 2 divisions higher.

6 yrs younger morales ar 130 was still a handful.
    A lot happened between the first and second.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He moved down though for the second fight, right? Going off memory.

I think he wasn't making the weight easy the first time, then he moved up to fight Raheem, got dominated, then moved down for the second Pacquaio fight, and I don't think that's something he wanted to do.

So I think the weight was definitely an issue in the second one. Not like the third one of course but still a problem, plus he was well passed it obviously. He did do well in the second fight but only In the early rounds IMO, I've heard some people say Morales was dominating he most definitely wasn't. Again going over memory but I had Pacquaio sweeping the rounds after the 4th or 5th.

Anyway, a decent win still. Definitely not an overly good one, IMO.
      Yeah, you nailed it.

Comment

He moved down though for the second fight, right? Going off memory.

I think he wasn't making the weight easy the first time, then he moved up to fight Raheem, got dominated, then moved down for the second Pacquaio fight, and I don't think that's something he wanted to do.

So I think the weight was definitely an issue in the second one. Not like the third one of course but still a problem, plus he was well passed it obviously. He did do well in the second fight but only In the early rounds IMO, I've heard some people say Morales was dominating he most definitely wasn't. Again going over memory but I had Pacquaio sweeping the rounds after the 4th or 5th.

Anyway, a decent win still. Definitely not an overly good one, IMO.
        i think he was just trying out 135.

it was a tuneup setup fight. pac-em 2 was already set. they both fought on the same card in tuneups. pac fought velazquez at 130. morales fought raheem at 135.

kinda weird move tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          A lot happened between the first and second.
          not really.

just morales had an ugly loss to raheem at 135. just 1 fight and less than a year.

it's not like 3-4 yrs difference like say a marg cotto rematch or something.

Comment

Morales tried to fight at 135 but he was too small there and was sent back.immediately by Raheem to 130.

Comment

Of course he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                not really.

just morales had an ugly loss to raheem at 135. just 1 fight and less than a year.

it's not like 3-4 yrs difference like say a marg cotto rematch or something.
                Doesn't have to be years.

He was pretty much shutout by Raheem. At 135. Then was forced to get down to 130 for the Pacquiao rematch and get clobbered, which took whatever he had left out of him. The third match was just silly. It was a decent win, but not something where I'm like, wow! Definitely not on the scale of the other wins. More important than who is when.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                  Morales tried to fight at 135 but he was too small there and was sent back.immediately by Raheem to 130.
                  Too small

He never fought there again other than the Pacquaio fights which were insisted by Pacquaio and team.

Comment

Too small

He never fought there again other than the Pacquaio fights which were insisted by Pacquaio and team.
                    The fact he was sent back to 130 by.135 Raheem proved he is belong to 130 not to 135 and your bullshat he was weight drained at 130 is plain dumb. In the second fight Pac was allowed to wear his punching gloves unlike your boy against Maidana plus his improved right hand =ko.
                    Last edited by straightleft; 12-17-2014, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Too small

Yeah he didn't want to fight at 130 again. In fact, and by the next fight he was struggling to get to 135. That's when Team Pacquiao did something unprecedented...they created their own weight penalties that would've basically left him with no money if he came in over. SMH. Pacquiao is an ATG but not because of those Morales wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X