No announcement yet.

IT'S OFFICIAL: Golovkin vs Tureano Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    He probably sent IBF footage of the first 9 rounds against Stevens with a little pocket money.

Johnson is good, talented but he really dropped the ball against Stevens. And failed to but Kane away.
    He literally has beaten no one and it is a fact out of 19 wins 11 were against fighters with losing records and 1 was against a person 1-1...that leaves 7 wins of fighters with winning records...stop it, just stop it

Comment

How in the **** are people saying he is a good fighter?? based on what?? cause he may be fighting GGG??? Jesus christ his record is pathetic and he should not be ranked top 30 by anyone

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        How in the **** are people saying he is a good fighter?? based on what?? cause he may be fighting GGG???
        Bingo.....

Comment

He literally has beaten no one and it is a fact out of 19 wins 11 were against fighters with losing records and 1 was against a person 1-1...that leaves 7 wins of fighters with winning records...stop it, just stop it
          Stop what? I literally agreeded with you. I'm starting to think you don't even read the posts and just comment based on the posters name.

Comment

How did he get such high ranking tho?? he had 19 wins and 11 of them are against fighters with losing records
            It's the IBF. They seem to have a lot of really bad mandatories often, Karo Murat, Muhammadi, etc. Although Johnson is better than those clowns.

But to answer the question Johnson vs O'Kane was a title eliminator. The winner was supposed to be set to fight Lemieux, but he took a unification with Golovkin obviously.

Comment

How in the **** are people saying he is a good fighter?? based on what?? cause he may be fighting GGG??? Jesus christ his record is pathetic and he should not be ranked top 30 by anyone
              You didn't see the Stevens fight? He's clearly a solid fighter but of course not on the level of Golovkin by any stretch of the imagination.

Check the IBF rankings in all divisions and read about how their rankings work. That will provide the information you need. As a result of their rules the IBF often ends up with some lesser caliber fighters being mandatory. Remember Murat vs Hopkins? IBF mandatory. Muhammadi vs Kovalev? IBF mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                canelo fight is a unification dummy, and the IBF allows a unification to trump a mando.
                That wasn't my point really. And that's besides the point entirely. The point is let's stop acting like this mandatory was enforced. It wasn't. The IBF never called for this fight and Golovkin was in no danger of getting stripped. If he could have fought Canelo he would, if he could have fought Saunders, he would, **** if it was Froch or Chavez Jr. We wouldn't be talking about Johnson...period. Stop making excuses. Just hope this guy fights canelo at the end if the year. Otherwise he wasted a half of year on a crap mandatory

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Bingo.....
                  I swear dude could fight Charlie Zelenoff and there would be some weird ass posters somehow saying he is a good fighter

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                    It's the IBF. They seem to have a lot of really bad mandatories often, Karo Murat, Muhammadi, etc. Although Johnson is better than those clowns.

But to answer the question Johnson vs O'Kane was a title eliminator. The winner was supposed to be set to fight Lemieux, but he took a unification with Golovkin obviously.
                    Yea i agree the IBF has **** rankings

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      I'd like to quote the best fighter of the past era whose Moniker happens to be money

" Boxing is prize fighting you dumby, I fight for a prize. Its money."

Boxing is a business, I understand that fighters have families to support. I don't discredit GGG at all besides people claiming he is a p4p fighter when he hasn't beat anyone to warrant placement.

How long are people gonna ride that he getting ducked horse? Paul Williams and Margarito had the same type fans saying the same thing.....what happened??? they were prematurely anointed because neither proved they could consistently beat top shelf opposition and lost to all their best opponents

which is why I give credit when its earned. My mom used to tell me don't assume anything in life...its makes an AZZ out of U and Me

thus a fighter gets credit for what they have done, and no one gets credit or blamed for fights that don't play out until I see some sources, articles and/or video
                      Funny he or you brings up 2 guys he wouldn't get in the ring with while trying to make his point lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X