Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

prime Roy Jones Jr against prime Archie Moore, who'd get the victory.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prime Roy Jones Jr against prime Archie Moore, who'd get the victory.

This criteria is based upon the heavyweight division being 175 and up, so lets say RJJ is around 175. Moore ranged from 175lbs to 180lbs in his prime.

Who gets the win?

Many old timers consider Moore at his best between 168 and 175!
    If the ref lets them fight it out I might give the edge to Moore because his inside skills are very good. However Roy at his best might not let Archie in there! This is a tuff call because the ref will have alot to say on how it goes!
    Ray.

Comment

Archie because he was a smarter fighter with a wider skill set than RJJ. RJJ would have to win within 6.

Comment

I'd probably go with Jones, if Moore was going to win you could bank on it being by stoppage though.

Comment

it's hard to say... one would think Jones movement would "Burley" Moore, on the other hand... I have this number floating around my head 131

Comment

I've always thought Roy had a really good style for a Moore fight. Moore's cross armed defense would've given a young Roy time to pop and move. Might be a low contact fight.

Comment

Archie has 131KOs throughout his career against good opposition. If he connects with the chinny Jones, its over. Even if Jones gets up he will have been hurt and Archie knows how to finish.

Comment

Prime for prime on the best day each had ever seen in a ring.........I'd go with Roy Jones jnr by decision.

Comment

I'd say in a 15 rounder, should Moore make it out of the 6th round, he cruises to a comfortable decision. The old time boxers stamina is unreal compared to the guys of the last few decades.

Comment

Archie Moore.

More rounded fighter with the toughness to take Jones deep and drown him

Comment

Working...
                    X