No announcement yet.

After decades in prison over murders, DNA evidence frees 2 New York men

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It gets even crazier then this.

A man was convicted of murdering his wife, with absolutely no evidence or witnesses, and just a made up sob story from the prosecutor. 25 years later, pro bono lawyers brought up his case and found that the DA had purposefully withheld evidence such as a bloody rag that would prove his innocence. Basically they knowingly convicted an innocent man!

Now what did the prosecutor who falsely convicted this man and took 25 years of his life receive? 5 days in jail, a $500 fine and loss of his law license

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/04/justic...ichael-morton/

Comment

Last year alone, 87 people were exonerated. Since 1989, about 1300 have been exonerated, with 8% of them being on death row. Thats 104 falsely convicted innocent people that were going to be murdered by the state

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        It gets even crazier then this.

A man was convicted of murdering his wife, with absolutely no evidence or witnesses, and just a made up sob story from the prosecutor. 25 years later, pro bono lawyers brought up his case and found that the DA had purposefully withheld evidence such as a bloody rag that would prove his innocence. Basically they knowingly convicted an innocent man!

Now what did the prosecutor who falsely convicted this man and took 25 years of his life receive? 5 days in jail, a $500 fine and loss of his law license

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/04/justic...ichael-morton/
        Fckin hell

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
          Sickening story but that Wilson is a piece of shit IMO. I know he was only 15 and was getting slapped about and forced but to actually give a statement saying your friend did it when you know he didn't is fucked up!! I could never do that. Yarbrough is a bigger man than me because if I saw Wilson after that I would want to kill him for doing that to me!!

Surely now the officers that made this happen should be charged with something, they have paperwork to see who worked the case and they should be brought to justice. How could they live with themselves locking up 2 innocent guys for 18 years?
          You can only hope, NY police got a sheet of nasty **** they've done.

Look up the Dirty Thirty in New York...

Comment

This is one of the reasons I'm opposed to the death penalty. Imagine all the people who were executed who were innocent...

Breaks my heart and it would be torture to go through that and be put to death knowing in your heart you didn't commit the crime.

Before you argue that it rarely happens, think about the legal system BEFORE blacks were equal in America. Also, one person being subjected to that is too much.

This is the reason our system is based on "innocent until proven guilty".

Comment

Working...
            X