Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Doesn't Need Floyd: Floyd needs him!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo Doesn't Need Floyd: Floyd needs him!!!

The way i see it is Canelo doesn't need FLoyd as much as Floyd needs him.

Yes, Floyd is still going to get paid$$$ regardless of who he fights. But Showtime is going to want to maximize ppv buys and so will the ppv providers.

Floyd is running out of options of fights that can bring 1.5 mil and up.

Ortiz rematch, khan, Garcia etc will all do close to a 1 mil buys but none will come close to making as much money as a canelo fight would.

If im canelo, i have no pressure on me to agree to all of Floyd's demands like a catchweight.
    If im canelo and his management i would wait floyd out and let him fight other guys that dont bring the money canelo can.
    Nobody expects canelo to do 1 mil buys by himself on his own ppv.
    but him and floyd together and your looking at 1.5 and up, possibly 2 mil if the hype train really builds it.

Nobbody is going to blame Canelo if he chooses not to fight floyd a a catchweight.
    If im canelo i sit back and fight the angulo, kirkland, cotto, etc.

Eventually Floyd will run out of big money options to fight and be forced to "retire" or fight Canelo at 154..

The heat is already on Floyd to fight canelo. If Floiyd offers to fight at 154- fine, canelo accepts and the fight is on.
    If floyd tries to dictate terms in weight at 150 or 147, If im canelo i say shove it and go find 1.5 mil buys with Alexander lol

Just my opinion and i love the business side of boxing. If im Canelo i dont accept anything that isnt at 154

Yeah Canelo can just beat the guy that loss to the guy he just beat but on PPV this time. lol Makes sense....

Canelo's PPV will suffer big time without Floyd. Canelo against Floyd on PPV is a mismatch. Even if Canelo has Cotto he'll be lucky to do 500,000 buys.

Canelo is an unproven draw. His stans are delusional. Hopkins would probably outsell him on PPV.

Comment

Floyd is guarenteed $32 mill, so he doesn't need anyone lol.

Comment

6 fight 200 million dollar deal, 30+ mil a fight, just sold a million ppvs against guerrero who isn't a big name to casual fans... and he NEEDS Canelo? lol the nerve of some of you people.

Comment

Originally posted by Meanrighthook29 View Post
          6 fight 200 million dollar deal, 30+ mil a fight, just sold a million ppvs against guerrero who isn't a big name to casual fans... and he NEEDS Canelo? lol the nerve of some of you people.
          Pretty much this. Close thread.

Comment

They don't need each other, Mayweather is the one with the Showtime Deal so i seriously doubt he "NEEDS" anybody, he gets his money regardless of the PPV Numbers Now

Comment

Originally posted by Meanrighthook29 View Post
              yeah it is getting pretty pathetic around here

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                The way i see it is Canelo doesn't need FLoyd as much as Floyd needs him.

Yes, Floyd is still going to get paid$$$ regardless of who he fights. But Showtime is going to want to maximize ppv buys and so will the ppv providers.

Floyd is running out of options of fights that can bring 1.5 mil and up.

Ortiz rematch, khan, Garcia etc will all do close to a 1 mil buys but none will come close to making as much money as a canelo fight would.

If im canelo, i have no pressure on me to agree to all of Floyd's demands like a catchweight.
                If im canelo and his management i would wait floyd out and let him fight other guys that dont bring the money canelo can.
                Nobody expects canelo to do 1 mil buys by himself on his own ppv.
                but him and floyd together and your looking at 1.5 and up, possibly 2 mil if the hype train really builds it.

Nobbody is going to blame Canelo if he chooses not to fight floyd a a catchweight.
                If im canelo i sit back and fight the angulo, kirkland, cotto, etc.

Eventually Floyd will run out of big money options to fight and be forced to "retire" or fight Canelo at 154..

The heat is already on Floyd to fight canelo. If Floiyd offers to fight at 154- fine, canelo accepts and the fight is on.
                If floyd tries to dictate terms in weight at 150 or 147, If im canelo i say shove it and go find 1.5 mil buys with Alexander lol

Just my opinion and i love the business side of boxing. If im Canelo i dont accept anything that isnt at 154

Comment

Taking alot of heat for this thread but all im saying is that canelo doesnt have to meet floyd at 147 of a catchweight

If you were Canelo's manager, WOULD YOU TAKE THE DEAL AT 147 OR 150.

if yes than you would be a horrible manager.

Make floyd come to you at 154.

Yes Floyd going to do a million plus no matter but the huge money is doing 1.5 or higher.

Im just taking the perspective of Canelo's handlers.

Floyd on the other hand is smart to try and bring Canelo down.
                  If im Canelo i dont go down.
                  Actually if Im canelo, I try and fight Cotto for easy money and then maybe pop up and take out and old serg for middleweight belt next Cinco de Mayo 2014

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
                    Floyd is guarenteed $32 mill, so he doesn't need anyone lol.
                    yep GBP and Showtime need Cherrypicker to fight the ginger

Comment

Working...
                    X