Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Vic and his brother were paid a surprise visit by their mom and dad...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they visit i hope he literally kicks em out the door

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      There you go. That's in sharp contrast to what some folks here believe about Vic's animosity toward his parents.
      Yes hes getting over it.But i dont think they will ever be close.Ortiz will
      hold it against them forever how they left him.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        We don't know the whole story, but there's really no excuse for abandoning your kids, no matter how messed up things are. Not to get too much into my personal life, but I lived in a roach infested apartment with my mother and younger brother when I was 6-8 years old with barely any help and barely any food to eat. As much as my mother and I have bumped heads throughout my life, I can never deny my love and respect for her because she stuck by us through thick and thin. THAT'S a parent.

The best thing Vic can do is have his own kids and raise them how he wanted to be raised. A lot of kids in Vic's position would've taken a completely different and less beneficial route. Not many people can go through what Vic did and be where he's at today. If he were to beat Floyd, wow...that's a Hollywood movie written all over it.
        I feel you. And you're right. Most parents would tough it out and stick by their kids through thick and thin. Many others later regret their decision to abandon their kids and have to live with the remorse if the kids blow up one day and become famous.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
          Yes hes getting over it.But i dont think they will ever be close.Ortiz will
          hold it against them forever how they left him.
          That's understandable. One can only imagine the days Vic and his bro had to endure those lonely days. Longing for at least a hug during those gloomy days when their self esteem was at an all time low. That's gotta hurt so much.

Comment

It's a long shot, but it would be a hell of an ending if his parents paid them a surprise visit at the gym in the last episode of 24/7, and Vic vowed to dedicate the fight and a win in their honor.

What an ending.

Don't think there'll be a dry eye in any home if that were to happen.

Make it happen HBO.
            how has this thread not gotten deleted? don't take it the wrong way MindBat, I just wanna know what the criteria is to threads that stay and those that go...what exactly is that judgment based on if it clearly isn't about hypothetical 24/7 shows.

But I'll chime in anyway...I don't like the idea. I don't think his parents should burden his mind so close to the fight. This has more potential to impact him in a severely negative way than it would any positive scenario.

Comment

No doubt most kids would react that way. Their parents may have a legit reason (excuse) that their circumstances were beyond their control and just walked away from their duties as parents.

Remember, we don't know the whole story. Just a bit about how their parents walked away and left them.
              Something interesting I heard in that video of Robert Garcia going off about his brother (and has again been deleted from Youtube) - Robert said something to the effect that they have a video with Victors Dad (he said "that you all will see soon"), that reveals the "true story" about Victor and his upbringing". It sounded like they were insinutating that maybe the story that's out there isn't the real truth. Wish they still had the video up. It was in this thread... http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...0#post11028040

I'm curious to hear what's in this mystery video.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
                how has this thread not gotten deleted? don't take it the wrong way MindBat, I just wanna know what the criteria is to threads that stay and those that go...what exactly is that judgment based on if it clearly isn't about hypothetical 24/7 shows.

But I'll chime in anyway...I don't like the idea. I don't think his parents should burden his mind so close to the fight. This has more potential to impact him in a severely negative way than it would any positive scenario.
                It might affect him in some negative way, I agree.

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                Something interesting I heard in that video of Robert Garcia going off about his brother (and has again been deleted from Youtube) - Robert said something to the effect that they have a video with Victors Dad (he said "that you all will see soon"), that reveals the "true story" about Victor and his upbringing". It sounded like they were insinutating that maybe the story that's out there isn't the real truth. Wish they still had the video up. It was in this thread... http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...0#post11028040

I'm curious to hear what's in this mystery video.
                That would be interesting to know. As is usually the case, most stories only scratch the surface of events. There's always a story behind the story.

Comment

Working...
                X