Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Prefer MMA Fights In A Cage Or A Ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Prefer MMA Fights In A Cage Or A Ring?

I personally prefer the cage.
    Cage
    27.78%
    Ring
    66.67%
    Doesn't matter to me
    5.56%

Ring for sure. Cage was originally a Hollywood gimmick in the UFC by their own admission. It gives the sport a trashy feel in my opinion.

Comment

Ring. I think the fenced cage takes away some credibility from the sport making it look like wrestling or something.

That's for the image of the sport. Otherwise i think the cage brings an interesting aspect to the sport, as far as using to your advantage like when guys are on the bottom and use it to reverse.

I think the fence parts of the cage should be replaced by bulletproof glass or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
        Ring. I think the fenced cage takes away some credibility from the sport making it look like wrestling or something.

That's for the image of the sport. Otherwise i think the cage brings an interesting aspect to the sport, as far as using to your advantage like when guys are on the bottom and use it to reverse.

I think the fence parts of the cage should be replaced by bulletproof glass or something.
        Why stop at glass? why not make it cement?

Comment

Originally posted by Madaya View Post
          Why stop at glass? why not make it cement?
          No one could see through it first of all... Terrible troll attempt

Comment

I definitely prefer the ring. For one thing, it is more pleasing on the eyes. The cage also favors wrestlers because they can drive guys against the fence or hold them against the fence on the ground. Also, this is often said of course, but the ring does favor the more skilled fighter, which I think is especially the case when it comes to striking. In the cage, guys can simply run and run. You can't really cut guys off in the cage in the same way you can in a ring. Can you imagine a boxing or kickboxing match in the cage, or for that matter a 30 foot octagon shaped ring?

Comment

I have to go with the cage. I like the look of a ring better but the action is stopped and moved to the middle of the ring too often. They can't fall out of the cage so the fight is less likely to gets stopped and moved to the center.

Comment

Ring definitely. Makes for more exciting fights since half the UFC fights I see now-a-days are just failed takedown attempts that lead to stalling against the cage, see almost every fight from this past seasons ultimate fighter. It was a wrestlers dream.

I also like the yellow card process too, forcing them to work or cost them money since their costing the company with such a boring fight.

Comment

its gotta be the ring for me,when i first got into mma,i used to watch all the pride tourny and always thought that was better than fights in the cage

Comment

Both.

The cage could be better though. If they made the cage smaller, to about half way between the logos on the outer portion of the mat. It would force a bit more action. Not enough room to run to the other side of the cage from a jab.

Comment

Working...
                    X